Buddha 🐱 Beings

We should also have a Naughty Moderator thread.

:smiling_imp:

14 Likes

Slim Cat and I have, indeed, made friends. A couple of nights ago she came knocking at my door, asking to be let into my room:

Also, for the security conscious out there, I’d like to reassure you that the Tilorian staircase is well guarded:

27 Likes

And this is the other Tilorien cat Bolleke:

18 Likes

Eeeerm, I think that was just any thread I posted in while being a moderator! :japanese_goblin:

10 Likes

Since we’re being naughty, I met this baby goat with his mum in Scotland recently. :blush:
Google Photos

18 Likes

feeding the swan while on holidays:

14 Likes

Hazel, the brown hen, who lives with the people hosting me this weekend.
Note the Buddha statue in the background. Totally relevant to D&D, right? :grinning:

24 Likes

This seems to be a perfectly derailed thread. First it derailed from Tilorien monastery, and now it is derailing from cats! :laughing:

:cat: :cat2: :dog: :swan: :rooster: :mouse: :water_buffalo: :tiger: :racehorse: :cow: :unicorn: :bird: :whale: :dragon: :beetle: :panda_face: :chipmunk: :rabbit: :dove: :octopus: :spider: :mosquito: :microbe: :butterfly: :shell: :turtle: :kangaroo: :hedgehog: :fish: … I love them all! :heart:

18 Likes

:sad_monkey_face: :thought_balloon: I even have “monk” in my name, but still don’t get a mention.

:monkey:

7 Likes

:see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:
:monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face:

Anybody else I forgot?

6 Likes

But the microbe gets a mention. :rofl:

8 Likes

Michael the hairy cow. :laughing:

14 Likes

Recently read, the Buddha at uposatha: “the sangha is not pure…” !
(from “the life of the Buddha”, Bhikkhu Nanamoli , pg. 161-163)
Spy
Spy|575x358

20 Likes

The world is a scary place; I like staying near the Buddha

24 Likes

31 Likes

From DN 16 (Chap 28) about the shrines to where a pilgrimage has good fruit:

Faithful monks, nuns, laymen, and laywomen will come, and think: ‘Here the Realized One was born!’ and ‘Here the Realized One became awakened as a supreme fully awakened Buddha!’ and ‘Here the supreme Wheel of Dhamma was rolled forth by the Realized One!’ and ‘Here the Realized One became fully extinguished through the natural principle of extinguishment, without anything left over!’ Anyone who passes away while on pilgrimage to these shrines will, when their body breaks up, after death, be reborn in a good place, a heavenly realm.”

(seen in St. Andrews, Scotland)

7 Likes

Me and Tilly the rescue greyhound in a photo commissioned today, especially for this particular thread!

May all beings run, bounce, crawl, slither, fly, swim and swing towards Nibbana!

31 Likes

You are very brave introducing a greyhound to all these cats. Many dogs like to chase cats, but it’s the sight hounds that can actually ‘catch and dispatch’ them. Actually it looks like she’s got one in her sights right now. Better keep a tight hold of that lead.

3 Likes

Just FYI, Rescue greyhounds have to undergo really rigorous training to be allowed to be in public without a muzzle. They wear a special collar as designation. This makes them a sort of super special, genius, non-cat-chasing greyhounds :innocent: :dog2: :innocent:

9 Likes

Ah. Very wise. Not so in the UK unfortunately.

This guy (butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth) chased, caught, killed and unceremoniously dumped the neighbours cat in his toy basket after she mistakenly ventured into his back garden. It was an embarrassing conversation, but at least a friendship between neighbours grew out of this very inauspicious start.

11 Likes