In the Buddha’s Words

Thanks for the info. The link you provided has higher quality recordings than the Santi site, at least for the In the Buddha’s Words talks. The speech in them is more intelligible. I often listen in the car which is an environment with a lot of ambient noise and it really helps to have higher quality recordings.

2 Likes

I can’t believe the Majjhima Nikaya talks 109-152 haven’t been uploaded yet. It’s been eight years now…

Maybe Blake has access to them?

Lol, it has been a while, no? I doubt if Blake has anything. If they exist, they will either be on a hard disk at Santi somewhere, or else with Damith at Dhammanet.

1 Like

Some of these were posted on Santi YT channel, you can also find them (at the end) here:

3 Likes

Thanks. I downloaded the ones that I didn’t have before, but what I really wanted was MN 127 and 128. Doesn’t matter, Buddhists are patient…

2 Likes

It appears that the links in the original post no longer work. Here is a page with all of the links connected to SuttaCentral.

If someone wants to use the html of the page and update the original post, that’s fine.

Enjoy.

13 Likes

Also on Reddit

1 Like

Thanks so much for this, it’s a really handy reference to forward on. :pray:

Just to let you know, the introductory paragraph seems to be duplicated.

5 Likes

I have started reading the original book and in addition I read the same material again, from B. Sujato’s translation.

I’m a little bit confused with this:

It says AN 3.35 both on the guide here, as well as on B. Bodhi’s book.

However, the sutta included in the book is definitely this one:

https://suttacentral.net/an3.36/en/sujato

So it’s either a typo in B. Bodhi’s book that got transferred here, or else I’m missing something with regards to the numbering of the suttas. :smiley:

Many thanks in advance.

Hi ahtrahddis,
Yes, you are correct. It is AN3.36 on Sutta Central and on Bhikkhu Bodhi’s translation of the AN. In the Buddha’s Words was written before his AN translation. Different versions of the Pali texts (preseved in Myanmar, Thailand, etc…) do vary the numbering some of the AN and SN suttas, since it is not always clear where one sutta ends and another begins. So you’ll sometimes see a discrepancy between Sutta Central and sites such as Access to Insight: Tipitaka: The Pali Canon and Suttas | dhammatalks.org

2 Likes

Many thanks for the clarification! :pray:

I’ve updated Bhante Sujato’s original post of the TOC of Bhikkhu Bodhi’s “In the Buddha’s Words” with one that corrects the dead links and also provides direct links to the suttas referenced to SuttaCentral.

Thank you to @Snowbird and ReadingFaithfully.org for help with the text!

4 Likes