Not attending the fortnightly teaching (Bhikkhuni pacittiya 58)

Eeerm… :thinking:… do you guys want me to split off this split off thread? :grin:

6 Likes

lol :rofl: - I’m done

2 Likes

Is this moderator for “get a room”? :joy:

6 Likes

I am quite content with this room. Thank you all for sharing and helping my understanding.

:pray:

3 Likes

:laughing: Nope, I’m not a moderator, a few weeks back I even discovered how to ditch my shield (no more flag notifications for me!!! :heart_eyes_cat:). See, no shield:

:grin:

However, it might fairly be taken as “Aminah” for, “Hey, this is a thread about Bhi pc 58!” :wink:

6 Likes

Oh I now see that indeed you have shaved off your shield and have renounced the moderator life! Congratulations!

Fwiw, I agree with Karl: that was a lovely diversion into transference. Thanks @Viveka :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How do Bhikkhus decide who teaches the Bhikkhunis if there are a few who have the qualifications to do so?

2 Likes

Best to tag a senior bhikkhu to get a qualified reply.

But they probably ask if there is a volunteer. They will choose someone who has the time to do it and not too many other commitments — that usually narrows down the choice very much.
And they might ask the bhikkhunis, since one of the requirements is that the bhikkhu is pleasing to them.

Some bhikkhus also refuse to give ovada for various reasons, so even if a monastery has several monks who theoretically qualify to teach bhikkhunis, in practice, it is rare that there is much choice, I think.

5 Likes