What happened to user icons?

Thanks so much for all your help in this @musiko and @sabbamitta!

4 Likes

I love it when you guys talk technical. :yum:

3 Likes

Hi Ayya @Vimala I’m still Loving the Light. :slightly_smiling_face: :sunny::star2::sunny: :slightly_smiling_face:

Overall it’s the easiest read for me, but two details don’t quite work (they seem better on the dark theme, but as I’m not using it regularly I may not be the best judge):

1 - there’s almost no differentiation between the greys that indicate what has been read and not read in the notifications menu and is very .hard to see at all.

2 - The stuff colour is the same grey as the grey behind quotes; I think it needs to be a bit shrieky so that users realise staff messages are of a different order.

:pray:

5 Likes

What’s ‘shrieky’?

1 Like

Shrieky is the property of shrieking loudly. A colour that is bright and draws attention to itself. :flushed:

2 Likes

Hah! Kidding :grin:

1 Like

Was I drawing attention to how the moderators behave? :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

@Gillian - How’s all this?

3 Likes

No I couldn’t pronounce the word and it took me a second before I understood what it meant! The moderators are doing a brill job :+1::slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

@Vimala: That’s really super duper. :smile: :pray:

@Mat: :rofl: :pray:

4 Likes

I like the green!

3 Likes

I’m still on the dark side. :darth_vader:

5 Likes

Me too! :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m still on the dork side! :nerd_face:

9 Likes

I have very much come to like dark themes! :heart:

However I have come across a thing in the SC dark theme, I don’t think it’s relevant here on D&D:

Passages with variant readings are marked in purple which becomes very difficult to read in the dark theme. Anything that can be done about this? With much thanks! :pray:

3 Likes

:scream_cat: Wow. I cannot read that at all!

2 Likes

Looks like there is a problem with the text here. Which sutta is this? The variant reading should not span more than a few words but not such a large amount of text.
@sujato?

1 Like

It’s in the Vinaya, Kd 1. The screenshot shows it from SC 33 on, but it’s a large section and doesn’t all fit in one screenshot.

1 Like

The variant is correct, it’s just an unusually large variant reading. The text has a passage, then a 'second" and a 'third" repetition, but the repetitions are not in all editions.

But obviously the colors for the dark theme need some work. I’ll put it on the to-do list!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes