A Right to Happiness, or not?

I would like to refer to Hindawi’s study of the neurotransmitters generated in jhanas meditation led by 4 American universities and that you will easily find in the PUBMED database of the NIH of the USA.
As I see you consider happiness to be “spiritual” (a gift from the buddha?) This is what I mean by incompetence to understand texts for lack of practice.

The study you reference (which can be found here) I would call extremely unreliable from a scientific perspective as it is a case study with a sample size of one.

It’s also unreliable from a spiritual perspective because people’s opinions of what jhana is and whether they are in it are subjective.

8 Likes

After attending several hundred cases of the effects of jhanas on people of all ages, religions and more than ten nationalities and all relate the same experience I understand that it is a subjectivity as the color blue. They do not know each other, I do not know what they see, but they all tell the same thing. It is a very tremendous coincidence.