AN 10.1 Kimatthiyasutta Study Translation

As part of my on going study of the Pali Suttas and especially editing of my attempt at MN 140 here is a link to the PDF of my most recent literal translation attempt. To reiterate, part of the process for me is to test my word choices using different contexts, and so hopefully minimize personal bias. Through this process I am slowly correcting and editing my works. As I’ve stated earlier the challenge is that I am not a translator so please don’t take my translation attempts as if they are written in stone as they are just personal study works in progress, which I’m sharing as alternative translations for those who might also be interested. The idea behind using this literal approach with the romanized Pali is that it makes it easier for me to cross reference and make corrections across my work so far.

AN-10.1 Kimatthiyasutta Literal Translation PDF

Kind regards Orgyen Yangzom (Ani)

1 Like

Thanks so much for contributing this.

As a tip, it’s good to use the canonical SuttaCentral ID for referencing suttas. That way our system can automatically create links between this site and the main site, helping users, and helping you post get more exposure. I’ve edited your post to remove the hyphen in the ID.

1 Like

Ven Sujato thank you for fixing this. I’ve gone back to check my earlier posts and fixed the title for AN 10.11 but couldn’t edit the title for MN 140 so wondering if you could take a look at this for me please? I will try and keep this in mind for any future translations I post.

kind regards

2 Likes

Due to Google Drive cloud changes I am updating all hyperlinks but can’t edit my original post so posting the new link here:

AN-10.1 Kimatthiyasutta Literal Translation PDF

Metta Ani

1 Like