Ancient Teachings, Awesome Websites

As this presentation of the German website Dhammaregen that was held with the Tilorien Monastery iSangha found quite a nice resonance, Ven. Vimala and myself decided to organize more presentations of websites that facilitate studying the Suttas and compiled the following program:

https://www.samita.be/en/2021/06/28/ancient-teachings-awesome-websites/

Studying the Suttas is rewarding and nourishing. It inspires love, faith, patience, forgiveness and devotion and helps with meditation practice as well as navigating everyday life.
There are some amazing online resources available for studying the Suttas but sometimes it can be daunting to find your way through the maze of the internet and many awesome websites have useful functions that help with studying.

The first session will be on the 18th of July with Venerable @Khemarato.bhikkhu on his website “The Open Buddhist University”, 2021-07-18T08:00:00Z.

Please visit the Samita website (posted above) for registration.

25 Likes

Ancient Teachings, Awesome Websites

This made me smile a lot!

Sadhu sadhu sadhu for all your hard work and making the Dhamma available in Deutsch.

:pray::pray::pray:

8 Likes

Thank you @sabbamitta , that’s really great…no Awesome :grin: :anjal:

5 Likes

Don’t forget: This Sunday we have Bhante @Khemarato.bhikkhu 's presentation of The Open Buddhist University!

If you have the link for the iSangha already, you can just enter there. If not, please request the link with the form here: Ancient Teachings, Awesome Websites – Samita ASBL

9 Likes

For those of you who missed it or who would like to review the presentation, please see the YouTube video below. Much much gratitude to Bhante @Khemarato.bhikkhu for your time and effort to put together a great website to aid people in Dhamma study.

12 Likes

… and for taking the time to present it to us! :pray:

7 Likes

And thanks for the invitation, Ven @Vimala! :pray:It was great to see so many of you for the first time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Reminder:

On 2021-08-13T17:00:00Z will be the next episode of the awesome websites series. This time it is again Dhammaregen, and those who have attended the first presentation—just as well as those who have not—are welcome to join and ask questions. I will do my best to answer.

Please get the meeting details from the Samita website, if you don’t have them already.

4 Likes

Here is the video from @sabbamitta 's presention last night, answering questions about her translations and Dhammaregen (in German only). :pray: Also with much gratitude to @karl_lew for the great programming of this site!

7 Likes

… and equally much gratitude to the lightning fast video editor! :pray:

4 Likes

Anagarika Sabbamitta, thank you for Dhammaregen, contemporary German translations and all the new examples for Voice and EBT-Sites!

:pray:

4 Likes

The next episode of “Ancient Teachings, Awesome Websites” will be on Friday this week, 2021-09-10T17:00:00Z—starting with chanting 1 hour earlier.

This time, Venerable @Vimala will give a presentation of SuttaCentral and Voice.suttacentral.net in English language. Although these two websites are well known and quite popular, not all users are familiar with all options that these sites have to offer. The purpose of the presentation is to show the less known aspects of the functionality of the sites.

If you don’t have the meeting details, you can get them here.

5 Likes

Reminder:

This Friday, October 8, we will have the next episode of the Awesome Website demonstrations. 2021-10-08T17:00:00Z Join an hour earlier for chanting and meditation.

This time the site that will be explained is BuddhaNexus, a cutting-edge application of neural nets to explore hidden relations between Buddhist texts. Dive into the world of parallels with Venerable @Vimala!

All are welcome. If you don’t have the access details for the Tilorien iSangha Zoom, please find them here.

6 Likes

Last episode

The for now last episode of our “awesome websites” series will be on this Friday, 2021-12-17T18:00:00Z (to join the chanting, come an hour earlier).

The new German localization of SuttaCentral will be presented by Sabbamitta Silashin :wink:—after @blake has been working very hard to get this update ready.

See SuttaCentral all in German, with a little side step to Voice.suttacentral.net to show the connections between the two sites.

All are welcome (or, to put it more precisely, all those who like to listen to a presentation in German language). If you don’t have the access details for the Tilorien iSangha Zoom, please find them here.

6 Likes

And here is the last episode of our Awesome Websites series with @sabbamitta Silashin explaining SuttaCentral, which is now fully in the german language thanks to her tireless translation efforts! Well done!

And for those of you who missed the English presentations that I did not post before, here they are:

7 Likes

Thank you for making these videos available! :pray:

2 Likes

Dear Ayya, I watched part of these videos above, and wonderful what Ayya Sabbamitta has done with the German language versions. I also have to say that it’s nice to see you again since the years that have passed since Pioneertown…you look very well, and happy, and it’s so great to see. I am so glad for you and the success of Tilorien.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words @UpasakaMichael! Indeed it has been 4 years now … time flies. I’m indeed doing very well at the moment. Tilorien is also doing well and almost always full, and we are planning some rather interesting things with BuddhaNexus in the next year (the Holy Grail here is the complete matching of all languages; we are not there yet but hope to make some significant steps towards that in 2022). I hope one day you will be able to visit.

2 Likes

@sabbamitta

WOW!! What an effort! What a value for German people! You are amazing!

:sunflower:Sadhu, Sadhu, Sadhu​:pray:

3 Likes