Are there Pali textual variants to Mahāsaṅgīti Tipiṭaka Buddhavasse 2500?

Are there Pali textual varients to Mahāsaṅgīti Tipiṭaka Buddhavasse 2500? Are they available in romanized versions and maybe even on the internet?

Are you asking for something different from the way you can view them on SuttaCentral?

You have to activate both the Pali and the notes:

If you are just looking for the raw data, that can be found in JSON files on the github repo:

1 Like

I am asking if there are other Pali source texts. For example, are there texts that were maintained in a different location such as Burma. I am assuming that the source text we see here is from Sri Lanka. I want to compare them to see whether the text in some suttas changed over time.

Ah, so you want alternatives to Mahāsaṅgīti Tipiṭaka? Not just a list of variants?

I believe that Mahāsaṅgīti Tipiṭaka originates in Burma.

A romanized digital version of the Sri Lankan manuscript is available on line, however it is so filled with errors that it is useless.

When you say errors, do you mean it disagrees with the other or that the romanization is faulty.

Typos. So many typos.

1 Like

There’s also the PTS edition online, both that and the buddhajayanthi are available at gretil.

There is also a digitised Thai edition, and perhaps others but I don’t know much about them.

I don’t think any of the digital editions are useful for understanding historical development. Occasionally there are regional differences.

2 Likes