Awakening upon hearing dhamma talks and samma-samadhi?

In the past, I also think one doesn’t need jhana (samma samadhi) to enter the stream. I know late Bhante Dhammavuddho said it in his note.

But after reviewing Sutta, i don’t think so. Because stream enterer and others see/know Nibbana. To see/know Nibbana, one needs to have samma samadhi (jhana). Even a low jhana like 1st jhana will do for a finger snap.

So if a person is hearing a true dhamma from an ariya with focus attention, that person mind will be in jhana temporary (rid of hindrances). So the 7 awakening factors will align perfectly, one can enter the stream or reach other awakening level.

This is why an arahant and buddha teach dhamma continuously (non stop) from time to time to bring people to enter the stream.

So, You do need jhana (samma samadhi) for all awakening levels from stream enterer, once returner, non returner and arahant.

The things are stream enterer and once returner don’t have the capabilities to maintain the samma samadhi in daily life (24/7) due to undeveloped other faculties. But if they are diligent, it is possible to reach samma samadhi in no time.

While non returner and arahant are able to maintain samma samadhi in daily life (24/7).

On MN 56 Upali Sutta it said:

What do you think mind that was ready, pliable, free of hindrances, elated means?

Isn’t this mean samma samadhi?

Note: please don’t confuse other jhana with samma samadhi jhana. Because nowadays, there are just too many people use the word jhana but it is not samma samadhi jhana. People confuse real samma samadhi (jhana) with other micca samadhi.

Anyway, that is how I have understood.