Brain chemistry & stillness

Of course!
I have written more than 420 chapters in a year, covering almost all areas of knowledge and in addition, with an exact relationship with suttas. And it does not seem like this is going to end. It is a daily exercise of translating direct knowledge obtained in the output of 6 minutes meditations, in indirect knowledge that can pass to text, trying to lose as little as possible. Everything is original material and gives an explanation to everything in a logical, clear, coherent and congruent way.
I have been writing it to remember it because of the great complexity of each chapter.

@tommit, FYI, I deleted my posts containing the pictures you have in your old websites.

I recommend those interested to check the links he provided few posts ago.

The breathing pattern x neurotransmitter charts appear from this link onwards.

The breathing pattern x neurotransmitter charts appear from this link onwards.

@tommit can you please say how the brain neurotransmitters were continuously monitored vs the phase of the breath?

With metta

Mat

1 Like

Obviously with EEG and fMRI.
You can see a jhanas case study that came up on February 26. The system is annoying if I put the link again

1 Like

Mr. Morales,

Might I propose we approach this hypothesis-by-hypothesis?
To your comment, H5 would be apropos, yes?

H5: Jhanas should show increased activation compared to the rest state in the dopamine reward system of the brain (NAc in the ventral striatum and medial OFC). A broad range of external rewards stimulate this system (food, sex, beautiful music, and monetary awards), so extreme joy in jhana may be triggered by the same system (the VTA is also part of this system, but is too small to image with standard fMRI methods, but see [35] for successful imaging methods).

Are you stating here that the ‘dopamine reward system of the brain’ (“NAc in the ventral striatum and medial OFC”) involves precisely 5 neurotransmitters or that the same system in your method can involve 11 neurotransmitters?

You’ll have to excuse me if this is a silly question; I opted for a business minor in university rather than neuroscience.

Did you use EEG and fMRI on your subjects in 12 countries? The graphs you posted were you own creations and not from the February 26th article.

@Mat
The graphics are self-made, of course. Clinical trials were based on observing the objective symptoms of each neurotransmitter in each individual: from unstoppable laughter, anandamide, to vaginal lubrication in the combination of oxytocin and dopamine in women. The only variations corresponded to the different reactions that each person takes with respect to each drug.

I take it since many things can make people laugh and have vaginal lubrications (they are non-specific reactions), and you cannot measure their neurotransmitters directly to compare with the February 26 article, it becomes difficult to know whether you in fact measuring the effects of a jhana or simply the effect of your breath-controlling techniques.

with metta

1 Like

Be it resolved, this topic has reached its natural conclusion

• Pro
  • Con

0 voters

In any case, you can not cover the moon with your finger.
There are over a thousand people at this time who are experiencing it.
Anyone does it in less than ten minutes, the first time. The tenth only needs seconds.
Those who have meditated wrongly in the past can not do it.
That is an effect that I did not expect, but that I found in the suttas.
Whoever meditates wrong goes to hell. And in that category enter the most expert meditators of Buddhism. It is one of the reasons why lighting is not for Buddhists …

As I know you like the suttas more than practice, here I leave these:

BAD (AND WORSE THAN) BAD PEOPLE.
If you find an insurmountable difficulty to perform the Jhanas after following the instructions correctly, and you have meditated previously with another type of meditation, I have bad news:

Collection of numerically grouped speeches
AN 4,205. Octuple
"Monks, I will teach you about the bad person and the person inferior to the bad person; About the good person and the person superior to the good person. Listen and pay attention that I will speak. "
“Yes, Venerable Lord,” answered those monks, and the Blessed One continued:
"And, what is it, monks, a bad person? Here is someone who is of wrong point of view, wrong intention, incorrect way of speaking, wrong action, wrong way of life, wrong effort, wrong attention conscious and incorrect concentration. This is called a bad person.
"And how is it, monks, a person inferior to a bad person? Here is someone who is of wrong point of view and encourages others in the wrong point of view, he himself is of wrong intention and encourages others in wrong intention, he himself is of wrong way of speaking and encourages others in the Incorrect way of speaking, he himself is of wrong action and encourages others in the wrong action, he himself is of wrong way of life and encourages others in the wrong way of life, he himself is of wrong effort and encourages others in The wrong effort, he himself is of wrong conscious attention and encourages others in the wrong conscious attention, he himself is of wrong concentration and encourages others in the wrong concentration. This is called a person inferior to a bad person.
Collection of numerically grouped speeches
AN 4.212. Point of view
"Monks, possessing four characteristics, one is deposited in hell as if he were taking it there. And, what are those four? Bodily misconduct, verbal misconduct, mental misconduct, and mistaken point of view. Possessing these four characteristics, monks, one is deposited in hell as if he were taking him there.

You’ll have to excuse the haste. If I had maybe $10,000,000 USD in front of me, things may have been different.

:anjal:

(The poll is quite sincere despite the wording; cf. Munk Debates)

Hi @tommit in my Neuroimaging module in my MSc in psychiatric research, I designed (but never carried out) fMRI research. I don’t think what you describe is either jhana or fMRI research.

It might be a very grandiose thought though as far as I know.

with metta

Whatever you think, create your reality. Not the mine.
There is one word that sums it all up:
"You Suffer?"
We do not anymore.

With respect, I prefer “stress”.

It seems to me that here is going to be very hungry …

Would you mind elaborating…?

As a reminder, the topic’s objective is to explore how the following molecules may be used to explain gradual experience of rapture and bliss into jhanas:

Has anyone ever heard of these things being linked to the experience of stillness?

ÂżCĂłmo se define segundo jhana si por favor?
Mi teoría es que “ajahn brahm jhana” comienza con el segundo jhana
Puedo intentar demostrar esta teorĂ­a, pero tomarĂ­a quizĂĄ cuatro meses o mĂĄs con esfuerzo enfocado.

It is simply obtained without exercising ideation, without graphics, without applying the mind, and spontaneously appear pleasure, happiness and joy. It can be done from two months of doing two jhanas daily and after the deconceptualisation exercise that I call “zero base meditation” which consists of remaining one to three hours without any thought. If you are not warned, it is frightening. From that point you only need to sleep only three hours a day.

2 Likes

+1:mĂĄscara: