Buddha 🐱 Beings

She hissed when she first saw him.

Then he purred.

20 Likes

Season’s Greetings to the kindred beings on this thread …(& D&D)

24 Likes

I can’t work out what sort of being is this ?

3 Likes

It’s a beaver, a lovely being. :heart: :slight_smile:

11 Likes

My hammie is sending regards :grinning:

20 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Definition/classification of Sentient beings

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Definition/classification of Sentient beings

Olivia relaxing.

16 Likes

Little cutie I met on a stroll last year…

18 Likes

This one hangs out in the trees next to my house (I took this photo from my bathroom window).

17 Likes

One summer morning I looked out the kitchen window and saw Sami the squirrel (that’s what I’ve named ‘our resident squirrel’) having a seemingly delicious breakfast of the flowers I planted in the deck planters. Over the next few days, nothing but de-headed stems remained…
Now this winter they’re cacheing bird seed and pine nuts, sleeping under the deck at night, and probably hoping for flower treats come spring!

19 Likes

18 Likes

This fellow hung onto my towel while I was folding it, so I lovingly relocated it and it started turning green.

I found it weird that my human presence communicated no sense of threat, as with many insects.

19 Likes
Rambly backstory

I was told it’s healthy to have something to ‘nurture’, so got a ribbon plant which replicated. “Nifty”, I think and, enthused, buy my 1st flower plant. Anyway, the flowers all died and the flower stem thingy turned into a desiccated stick; truncated :frowning: . Months go by, then this snakey protrusion literally pierces though a leaf…months more go by, drama a-plenty then buds form…exciting stuff! I dared not believe.

Nothing but buds until yesterday when I opened the curtains and “BOOM! HELLO!” :heart_eyes:

Today it’s turned things up to 11 :smiley:

“You’re off-topic” they cry, “that’s not a Buddha being!” Well, [1] I won’t make a habit of it and [2] Stare at it for a while - you sure that’s not an alien life form?!

Today’s plan was 10 hours of despair plus 6 hours misery - I’ll have to reschedule that for another day.

16 Likes

I went to the zoo today. Now I know this critter is real.

18 Likes

I recently moved to rural Panama, in the highlands so it cools down quite a bit overnight. This new friend was keeping warm in my kitchen when I woke up this morning. :lizard:

15 Likes

One of the four postures…

10 Likes

some lovely buddha beings for you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Here is a Buddha Being in need of love. It is a horse/deer/March fly. The female of the species opens her jaws and rips through the skin of mammals so that she can suck our blood and ingest the protein she needs to grow her eggs successfully. I was finding it hard to summon the love she needs, so during Monks in Cyberspace I asked Bhante @sujato to explain how to generate metta towards nasty things that bite. Thanks to @nellie, here is what he said, http://www.berrywood.de/mic/audio/05-MonksInCyberspace-Feb18-2022.mp3
It did help. I started thinking about how she wants to nourish her eggs as much as any female mammal does, and that we have something in common. So now I hope that all the droplets of blood I donated will contribute to a new and healthy generation back in the forest. Here she is on the tent flap.

10 Likes
4 Likes