Buddha 🐱 Beings

It’s monsoon season here in Panama, and my porch is a favorite spot for the neighborhood kitties to shelter from the rain.

13 Likes

We have six, but I believe three is the correct answer to the bonus question.

Koodoos!

3 Likes

We could and possibly should start a thread on the ill treatment of animals in reference to the Buddha’s teachings.

On the one hand we have a direct teaching about livelihood - ie. not to work in the slaughter of animals.

On the other hand, there is a indirect acceptance of meat offerings.

Was the Buddha being pragmatic? Like when Devadatta created the schism by petitioning the Buddha to be strict with the codes of ethics?

The Buddha conceded. But only to those who chose to live so austere.

What is the resolution to right livelihood and the practice of accepting meat offerings as long as one has no knowledge that they were prepared for them ahead of time?

Maybe another thread for this, as I mentioned.

:pray:

Could this be the fourth?

6 Likes

Unquestionably!!! Ha! They’re so busy - it is hard to keep track of them.

Yes! The correct answer is four!

7 Likes

Bit late but…“May the Fur-th be with you” :sleeping:

15 Likes

A meme I made with my dog Xeus :pray:t4:

17 Likes

Couldn’t resist

14 Likes

Love this photo! :mouse::mouse::mouse::mouse::mouse::mouse:

6 Likes

17 Likes

Yesterday this little guy came to our temple for a visit:

That lump you see in the middle is what remains of two of our monastery puppies.

12 Likes

such a huge guy! is it python?

2 Likes

Maybe? Hopefully someone on here knows snakes and can inform the rest of us what kind of snake it was:

6 Likes

Many people like to have it as pet snake. but with this size, need to be careful with its muscle strength!

Reticulated Python, The Best Pet Snake?

4 Likes

🫣

5 Likes

I had to really think about liking your post.

10 Likes

Here, quick, I’ll take everyone’s mind off the previous post, by offering a Cooper update!

16 Likes

I think my favorite is a picture of a cat napping on a large, weather beaten, Buddha statue in a jungle somewhere. Just another lap to our feline overlords.

Not sure if this was posted here before :smiley:

18 Likes

Kitty Paddy-Matisse, imitating a slug. (A large, happy, grateful slug, that is.)

16 Likes