Buddhist cartoon fun/ wisdom (aka 'skillful memes')

Representation of what happens when corporate mindfulness goes right at 2:01->.

5 Likes

I’ve often imagined a world where the tables were turned with regard to hunters and the hunted. What if there were beings who treated humans like humans treat animals? Killing for sport, catch-and-release fishing, restaurants serving human dishes, humans as pets or beasts or burden for other beings. It may lead some to reevaluate some of their views and practices. I saw this comic and it’s right up that alley:

8 Likes

It easy to see nature as kind or wise, but as the Buddha says, the animal realms are even worse than the Peta ones and much closer to hell. The idea that animals do not kill for sport is misguided. Scientific research shows they do. I can even give you the example of my dog. He likes to go in the garden and stomp on little lizards for fun, yet he does not eat them. He treats them as toys. It took me ages of Positive reinforcement and training to stop such behaviour for the benefit of his Kamma. Indeed I think this is the reason for which be a pet may be a better animal status in this case: we help them to reduce the Kamma of killing or doing wrong things.
Anyway, to remind you that it is not always as things look. Animals have complex minds and are not such innocents as western philosophy wants to let us think. :pray:

3 Likes

Are you not thinking what I'm not thinking

15 Likes

18 Likes

7 Likes

21 Likes

4fdb7a5613e08343d6baa858d60b6b9b

14 Likes

15 Likes

toon-2

11 Likes

pblaw_cartoon6

4 Likes

12 Likes

13 Likes

Solipsism

Nothing

12 Likes

Monkey brain

18 Likes

19 Likes

I love it, every time I read it. :joy:! Jack’s unique wisdom :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

… but if you see a cat…
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

d5534e2f87adbeca939bb02164c875a3--tibetan-buddhism-buddhist-art (1)

10 Likes

Lending a helping hand has no age limit…

12 Likes