Buddhist cartoon fun/ wisdom (aka 'skillful memes')

5 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

I guess all Buddhists are “re-formed” then, in the sense of having receiving a new rūpa again and again :laughing:

2 Likes

he should know that nothingness is actually a sphere … :yum:

2 Likes

Aliens, interstellar almsround and ChatGPT:

8 Likes

The advertising to end all advertising. Logan airport in Boston. They’re pretty Dhammic up here, I’m guessing!

9 Likes

Theravada vs Tibetan Buddhism

31 Likes

I couldn’t understand the cartoon :sweat_smile: until I find this:

2 Likes

23 Likes

13 Likes

5 Likes

and that’s even funnier because it seems that he did make such a rule!

Well, uh… The Buddha probably didn‘t have the earlobes or the bun, and Jesus tends to take on the ethnic characteristics of the people worshiping him:

Certain local traditions have maintained different depictions, sometimes reflecting local racial characteristics, as do the Catholic and Orthodox depictions. The Coptic Church of Egypt separated in the 5th century, and has a distinctive depiction of Jesus, consistent with Coptic art. The Ethiopian Church, also Coptic, developed on Coptic traditions, but shows Jesus and all Biblical figures with the Ethiopian appearance of its members.[citation needed] Other traditions in Asia and elsewhere also show the race of Jesus as that of the local population (see Chinese picture in the gallery below).

In any case, I would love to see aniconic Buddhist places, foregoing not just the big golden statues but especially the photos of charismatic leaders. That stuff gives me the creeps.

3 Likes

11 Likes

19 Likes

5 Likes

Most of the cartoonist’s readers won’t get this one, so let’s send some appreciative traffic to his cartoon:

Cartoon on “Bodhi shaming”!

15 Likes