Buddhist cartoon fun/ wisdom (aka 'skillful memes')

22 Likes

20 Likes

SN 47.7
“So it is, bhikkhus, when one strays outside one’s own resort into the domain of others.”

13 Likes

17 Likes

5 Likes

30 Likes

Finally, the root of suffering has been found! :+1:

15 Likes

And as peas spread across the world, suffering came to an end.

12 Likes

Unless you are one of those who find them addictive :sob::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously, is this real or a photoshopped pic​:laughing::laughing:?

7 Likes

Those who have never eaten this pea will probably not getting the joke. So let me explain a bit. Now, if you happen by chance get to swallow a bunch of these peas, your euphemism exclamation will be: "Yeah, I finally get to know where the truth of suffering is originated now. (Dukkhasamudaya) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

They’re horrible things those peas but I’m going to have to buy some to see what the Australian label says.

4 Likes

I’m guessing these were bought in Calgary, so I challenge you to find some in Toronto!!

3 Likes

As far as I know, wasabi is a root, and I am absolutely sure that eating it in this preparation will give rise to much suffering!!! :hot_face: :cold_sweat: :sob:

4 Likes

I’m wondering if the person who packaged this and created the label detests peas, is Buddhist, knows Pali and couldn’t resist… :wink:

5 Likes

I love those peas, and pretty much anything with wasabi, really. Just goes to show you how relative pleasure is, ha-ha.

8 Likes

The root is called in English horseradish and the English pound it into ‘horseradish sauce’, which looks like lumpy mayonnaise and has the same wasabi taste. My father used to spread it on roast beef and encourage me to try it. Yuck!!!

4 Likes

We call it Meerrettich in German. It’s a different plant than wasabi, but the taste is similar. I like Meerrettich, but it depends on the dose. :laughing:

4 Likes

No, it’s not real - just some quick image shenanigans while waiting for some tea to brew. The font gives it away, but close enough. Wasn’t trying to trick anyone :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That was a very clever, and convincing, image! :joy::rofl::+1:t3:

2 Likes

This is hilarious :laughing: it reminds me of some new age Buddhism where you focus on everything outside other than what matters inside.

4 Likes