Buddhist Geeks is dead!

https://medium.com/@buddhistgeeks/buddhist-geeks-death-poem-3341ff2dd799#.jfwfyzjmw

3 Likes

I watched the vid, Ayya, with some interest. I wonder what next incarnation Vince Horn will birth?

…oops…just found it on Twitter, of all places.

Tweet
Vince Horn :eyes: ‏@VincentHorn 7 dic.

{4} That’s what we’re working on with @meditateio. Second-generation mindfulness w/o the hype. www.meditate.io

I’m guessing there’ll be hype, but always interesting to see what folks combining Dharma, tech, Twitter, monetization, and marketing have to say.

2 Likes

We should pay homage to their memory by trying to be even geekier.

7 Likes

I think you’ve had that well and truly covered for at least as long as I’ve been watching. I’ve actually started to get a bit worried that the work around SC is beginning to inspire me to want to be a geek even more than I want to fully comprehend the Dhamma, so much wagging finger at you folks! :grin: My concerns are only softened by the thought that “Buddhist Geek” is probably tautology.

2 Likes

Following on from another discussion: then maybe we can rename the site … “Dungeons & Dragons” perhaps? :wink:
Or “Early Buddhist Geeks” … we can vote!

4 Likes

Oh, that’s too bad. I enjoyed listening to the podcast and was led to several good books by it.

1 Like