Can anybody help with Gephi?

In relation to this project here: Gretil parallels visualization, I have started looking into Gephi software with our first batch of output data for the pali texts but have no idea how it works.

This is a very advanced piece of software and we are looking at a huge set of over 7000 files.

If anybody has experience with Gephi and would like to help, please let me know! :pray:
Also if you have experience with similar software and would like to see if you can make something out of our dataset, I’d be very happy to hear from you.

8 Likes

This looks great! I wish I knew something about it. But unfortunately I have absolutely no idea. But I am sure you will learn really quickly veberable! :sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

6 Likes

Likewise, I haven’t a clue, venerable, but have every confidence in your ability to figure it out and am willing to be chief cheerleader so as to help you on your way! :waving_pompoms: :woman_cartwheeling: :waving_pompoms:

4 Likes

Yes! @Aminah, I think the less we know the better, right?

But I also want to be a cheerleaderor Ven Vimala’s Gephi geekness. Sunflowers are my pompoms.
Give me a
:sunflower: V :sunflower: I :sunflower: M :sunflower: A :sunflower: L :sunflower: A :sunflower:

Goooooooo Vimala! :sunflower:

3 Likes

Likewise, nope, sorry.

But on maybe-tangentially relevant things:

Tensor-flow 2.0 is out, and focusses on a major usability upgrade:

When it comes time to weblify stuff, this may come in handy:

4 Likes

Thanks for the moral support guys! :laughing:
I was actually hoping that Willow Aminah eh… Some other geek would volunteer to play with it and slay some demons.
Will have to make due with some sunflowers then …

5 Likes

Playtime might go better with some actual data file shaped vampires; that said I already feel quite accomplished that I have managed to open Gephi …

Sorry, venerable, I was totally with you, but Ayya referenced Buffy, and I got curious. Beautiful sunflower-pompom work, by the by.

:eyes: ooooh, look, a bucket and spade! I’m going to make a sandcastle …

1 Like

:hushed:

Pretty pictures!

3 Likes

Yay! A black hole! Filled with hope rather than dispair for happy Gephi-ing. That deserves a sunflower pompom cheer @Aminah :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

3 Likes

Wow! Great work Willow Aminah! If anybody would zoom into this they would see that each dot is a sutta. So this is the Eye of the Dhamma … looks indeed like a black hole! You certainly have slain some demons with this one!

But if every time you press a button it takes half an hour for the crossbow to fire, you suffer from a serious lack of male sheep … :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram: :ram:

(translation for the non-geeks: Aminah’s computer does not have sufficient memory to run this program).

2 Likes