Can anyone tell me the source of this Commentarial story and the full version of it?

This is the video link(the story starts at: 20:56):

In this interview Bhikkhu Analayo says:

“And it was years later that I found there is a story about this in the commentaries. The story is and now we make a little bit of fun of monks if I’m allowed to do that. So there are monks and nuns sitting listening to a Dhamma discourse. The monk should be aware of what he does when he stretches or bends his arm but he is not. So he stretches his arm and he touches a nun and he touches her on the breast. He pulls her back and she pulls it back. You can imagine the rest of the story and you can imagine why a monk who recites that part will feel giggling.”

I haven’t checked the recording, but I can’t help wondering if that should read:

“He pulls back and she pulls back”. (ie they separated quickly)?

What I heard is “he pulls it (his arm) back and she pulls it back (she doesn’t want him to take back his arm).”
I guess they ended up getting together and having sex, but I need the full story to get clarification.

1 Like

My bad. It’s absolutely clear from Ven A’s arm movements as he speaks that “it” is the monk’s arm. Thanks for cropping the video to start in the right place.