Buddhism can often seem negative.
The subject matter often contributes to that, as well as the style of many writings.
It is kind of dragging me down a little bit reading some writings every day.
Below is a list of positive aspects of Buddhism I made to help bolster my attitude and point it in a better direction.
I would like to invite people to add positive aspects of Buddhism that I have missed.
I would also like to make a request of people kind enough to spend their time answering my post.
I’m always interested in other peoples take on Buddhism as it helps me see things. However, if you want to go into a deep analysis of a point ( or post a very long answer ), mine or someone else’s, please open up a new thread and invite me to read it with a link.
- Life and rebirth move progressively toward greater happiness
2 Rebirth is not an annihilation of who you are anymore than a child becoming an elderly person
- Nibanna(Nirvana) is the ultimate happiness
- The Buddha stated that nibanna is not annihilation.
- Impermanence - every bad thing in the world will come to an end one way or another.
- Kamma(Karma) - every good effort we make will eventually produce a good result
- The solace described in the Kalama Sutta - even if nothing the Buddha said is true, following the path will make your life happier.
- The greater peace of mind through Insight meditation by not identifying with your thoughts & feelings.
- The wonderful feelings and protective attitudes that metta meditation generates.
- The relaxation of samatha meditation.
- The clearness of mind that samatha meditation produces
- The pleasure that samatha meditation, access concentration, and the first Jhana produces.
- The support that is possible by being in a community of Buddhists for a temple.