Dhamma doodles 😁

That is so how it is (WRT having yourself as your own island doodle). Awesome Doodle! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic point. Pun intended. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome, yes, sister - ??? not certain :wink:

4 Likes

I used to live in a monastery where there was a Thai Mae Chee (a 10-precept nun), and her title was “Sister”.
Likewise at the monastery where I’m currently staying, even layperson women are called “Sister”, not even on 10 precepts. Our layperson office lady here is called “Sister Visaka.” And the laymen introduce themselves as "Brother so-and-so."
So it’s different from monastery to monastery how the title “Sister” is used.

Are you sure she was a woman?!

5 Likes

Dear Venerable,

I just refer to this discussion below about this subject. It is interesting how we get certain perceptions and that’s just the point of this exercise (other than that we get some wonderful Doodles!!!)

5 Likes

This doodle is for Ayya @Vimala! :smile:

Seven suns

AN 7.66

Bhikkhus, conditioned phenomena are impermanentÍŸ conditioned phenomena are unstableÍŸ conditioned phenomena are unreliable. It is enough to become disenchanted with all conditioned phenomena, enough to become dispassionate toward them, enough to be liberated from them.

ezgif-4-6920d476d8

25 Likes

This is absolutely
 :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::astonished::astonished::astonished::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

It’s silly! I made the same mistake :rofl:!

with metta

2 Likes

There still seems to be some confusion about the persons in my doodles and about me. So let me clarify:

This is how I depict monks:
Anuruddha

This is how I depict nuns:
Anuruddha

And this is me:
Anuruddha

So lets stop discussing gender and get back to discussing dhamma and doodles. :heart: :grin:

25 Likes

Ermmmagadh animated Dhamma doodle! :heart_eyes:
I am on a really slow connection so it took a few seconds to see figure out what was going on

7 Likes

Today we have a very special doodle. Thank you very much @Aranya for suggesting to collaborate and for making this amazing artwork! :heart_eyes: :sparkling_heart::sparkles:

Heavenly Realms

20 Likes

Hi Ayya @vimalanyani, are you (together with Ayya @Aranya) the author of this doodle?

5 Likes

LOL, all credit goes to @Aranya. It was her idea and she made everything. I only doodled the angel and the wheel.

I feel that it is time that Ven. Yodha stops hiding in anonymity. I never expected the doodles to be so popular, or anyone being even remotely interested in Ven Yodha. But now that people keep engaging with Ven Yodha so much, it seemed better that they know who they are talking with. :upside_down_face:

Although I expect that now that the mystery is resolved, his/her popularity will go down fast! :smile::smile:

16 Likes

Not a chance, Venerable, not a chance in the world!

:anjal::anjal::anjal::lightsaber:

10 Likes

@vimalanyani @Aranya :grin::joy::rofl::wink::exploding_head::pray:

I just love the waterfall doodle, and I think you read my mind :open_mouth: because my idea of a deva realm is meditating sitting under a waterfall in nature :droplet::sunny:

Would you mind if I print this out to put on a card on my desk?

I agree!!!

7 Likes

Exquisite. :smiley: Love it. :star_struck:

I feel honoured that you did a “mixed media” artwork. The layered semi-transparencies definately give it a heavenly feel. :slight_smile:

Should you ever do another (Pleeze Oh Pleeze), could you please incorporate a sunset in the background? Thai tradition has it that the sky in heaven is Red, like an eternal sunset.

5 Likes

If it doesn’t impose (and after reading this post I made, which provides context), I would like to furtherly request from the Ven. Yodha a “Buddha vs. Terminators” Doodle.

1 Like

:grin: Sure.

The art supplies you sent have arrived! Thank you very much for your support! :heart:

6 Likes

@yodha :lightsaber:
Dear Venerable
:smile: You are more than welcome
_ :paintbrush::pencil2: _

4 Likes