Tilorien Monastery chanting book cover :musical_note:

16 Likes

Oh, I like it! :heartpulse::musical_score::musical_note::notes::heartpulse:

6 Likes

Searching for someone else to make us whole

18 Likes

Fix Samsara!

17 Likes

ah this one bothers me a bit. Because what such beings are working on is reducing greed; hate; ignorance; disbelief in kamma ripening; intending and cultivating compassion for all beings…

edit: regarding Fix Samsara!

1 Like

Perhaps Ayya Vimala’s hammer drill will do the trick. :wink:

7 Likes

lol now that is a n excellent fix to samsara, yes. Thank you.

1 Like

Inspired by building works? :wink:

3 Likes

We’re not fixing Samsara; but perhaps it is good to build monasteries while we are in it.

P.S. I liked the “fix samsara” doodle so much that it is my laptop’s background image right now. Thanks.

11 Likes

We need to keep samsara fixed enough so that practice is still possible.

9 Likes

:grin: Yes, that photo might have inspired the doodle… :hammer_and_wrench::nut_and_bolt:

4 Likes

Meditation Companion

For all those who have trouble meditating alone at home, the doodle nun-monk will now keep you company. :wink:
Just sit down in front of your screen, open the doodle, and enjoy the sit with this calm and peaceful meditation master.

20 second demo version

10 min meditation

12 Likes

Wow, that second nun is a good meditator, she’s as still as an image! Haven’t seen her move once and I’ve been staring for several hours! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I hope you actually meditated with them for so long! :wink:

Only the demo version is on replay. The 10 min meditation just ends when the time is over and the nun-monk opens their eyes and sends you metta.

Edit: I just noticed that it actually is on replay. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’ll change it later.

Edit 2: I changed it and it should not replay anymore.

4 Likes

I was just joking, however, the gifs and your words remind me that I should be putting more time into my practice :slight_smile: .

PS - not sure if others have noted this already but Yodha apparently means warrior in Saṃskṛta. Wouldn’t be surprised if this was inspiration for the naming of Yoda in Star Wars.

4 Likes

Yes, same in Pali. :grin:

2 Likes

Rag-rice, I’ll smack your ear!

Thag 2.40

This fellow, “Rag-rice”, he sure is a rag.
This place has been made for practising jhāna,
Like a crystal vase filled to the brim
With the nectar of the deathless,
Into which enough Dhamma has been poured.

Don’t nod off, Rag—
I’ll smack your ear!
Nodding off in the middle of the Saṅgha?
You haven’t learnt a thing.

9 Likes

Oh—the poor one! This sounds quite familiar to me… :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

4 Likes

169%20Mothers%20day

10 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Dhamma doodles :grin::

Thank you so very much for your beautiful drawings. I can not express how much they have touched my heart and deepened the Dhamma for me. What a beautiful colouring book and coloured book they would make for people of all ages and following. Again thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful talent for communication. with mega metta.:pray::pray::pray:

8 Likes