Dhamma doodles šŸ˜

:scream: :scream: :scream:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, I think you should definitely use that

Iā€™m glad my presence here is contributing to combatting ignorance and bringing light to the unenlightened!

(Vulcans are from Star Trek, light sabers are from Star Wars) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:anjal: :white_flower: :tulip:

6 Likes

Has this memorable talk been preserved for posterity?
If yes, can you upload it or link to it?
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Unfortunately not! :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Thanks for your compassion to teach me the deep truths of life, Venerable!

:anjal: :vulcan_salute: :wink:

2 Likes

Is there a way to add a light saber to the emojis? That would certainly be worth it!

2 Likes

This thread is moving away quite a bit from the purpose of the OP. So Iā€™m glad @sabbamitta that your insights into reality are expanding but if you donā€™t mind, Iā€™ve created a new thread here, if you want to continue the discussion.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, thank you for keeping an eye to stay on topic!

3 Likes

Ayya @Aranya, hereā€™s your doodle. I hope you like it. :grin:

30 Likes

If you prefer less colourful:

23 Likes

Absolutely wonderful, Venerable @yodha! My favorite doodle yet! Although, I hesitate to call it a doodle, as all of your creations thus far, to me, qualify as bona-fide works of ART!

:anjal::anjal::anjal:

13 Likes

This is excellent!

@yodha, could you do this one for me please?:slight_smile:

'ā€œThat disciple of the noble ones ā€” thus devoid of covetousness, devoid of ill will, unbewildered, alert, mindful ā€” keeps pervading the first direction with an awareness imbued with mettaā€¦ compassionā€¦ appreciationā€¦ equanimity, likewise the second, likewise the third, likewise the fourth. Thus above, below, & all around, everywhere, in its entirety, he keeps pervading the all-encompassing cosmos with an awareness imbued with equanimity ā€” abundant, expansive, immeasurable, without hostility, without ill will. Just as a strong conch-trumpet blower can notify the four directions without any difficulty.ā€ SN42.8

I hope this is not too difficult and Iā€™m not in a rush, :slight_smile:

with metta,

8 Likes

Well, you created a light saber emoji :lightsaber: so how can I say no to you? :grin:

Iā€™ll see if I can come up with something. Might take a while. I need to wait for inspiration, and Iā€™m running out of art supplies! Ayya Aranyaā€™s doodle was made on the back of an old piece of scrap paperā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

wow, wow, wow, please keep these coming Venerable. I find myself looking forward to them when I open SC. Oops, I know I shouldnā€™t get attached :worried:ā€¦ but they really bring a lot of joy. Also, great reflection on the Dhamma and a wonderful way to start a meditation session, makes the heart light and happy.

I really love this last one, and especially the version with the deep blue sky/spaceā€¦ captures the passage so well.

May I ask where you are located?

6 Likes

I guess in cyberspace!

5 Likes

:sparkling_heart:
Thanks, Iā€™m glad people enjoy them.

Still stuck on planet earth but I do hope that someone will build a spaceship soon.

6 Likes

:slight_smile: maybe you can ā€˜buildā€™ one with a Dhamma doodle :boom::dizzy::zap:

I was just asking as I was wondering about sending you some art supplies :paintbrush::crayon:

7 Likes

" ākāso na katthaci patiį¹­į¹­hito"

Being even as space
Ākāsasamaį¹ Rāhula bhāvanaį¹ bhāvehi,
Develop the meditation, Rāhula, that is to be even as space,

ākāsasamaį¹ hi te Rāhula bhāvanaį¹ bhāvayato
for, Rāhula, from developing the meditation that is to be even as space,

uppannā manāpāmanāpā phassā cittaį¹ na pariyādāya į¹­hassanti.
appealing and unappealing contacts that have arisen in the mind will not take a hold there.

Seyyathā pi Rāhula ākāso na katthaci patiį¹­į¹­hito,
Just as, Rāhula, space doesnā€™t settle anywhere,

evam-eva kho tvaį¹ Rāhula ākāsasamaį¹ bhāvanaį¹ bhāvehi,
just so do you, Rāhula, develop the meditation that is to be even as space,

Ākāsasamaį¹ hi te Rāhula bhāvanaį¹ bhāvayato
for, Rāhula, from developing the meditation that is to be even as space,

uppannā manāpāmanāpā phassā cittaį¹ na pariyādāya į¹­hassanti.
appealing and unappealing contacts that have arisen in the mind will not take a hold there.

MN 62

8 Likes

Oh, :blush: thatā€™s really nice!

Well, as Ayya Aranya stated, making art, especially ā€œsilly artā€ like this, is often not much appreciated in monastic circles. So Iā€™d rather keep my whereabouts confidential.

But the SC team know where I am. So I guess you could send things to Samita and Ayya @Vimala or Ayya @Vimalanyani could forward it to me, if they are OK with that?

7 Likes

Sure. :wink:

@Linda, see samita.eu for contact details.

4 Likes

@vimalanyani
thank-you!

5 Likes