Discussion for Bilara users

The missing comma was added because an error occurred while pushing the data :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks so much, @HongDa!

2 Likes

Hello, I realize I should’ve raised this query much earlier, yet I’ve just noticed the issue: Do non-breaking spaces (U+00A0) function in Bilara (if I add them)? And subsequently in the SuttaCentral website? I’ve detected problems with the French quotation marks, which demand a space preceding and following the text, and also preceding and following the quotation marks, like «text» :roll_eyes:

Example of what I have noticed:

I have just found one in my latest translation, but I suspect this could have occurred in many others. Furthermore, I potentially see the same problem with ? and ; which both demand spaces around them.

1 Like

Perhaps ask this to @carmi.

1 Like

Bilara uses Unicode - it should work but I would test it out on a few first. Perhaps Bhante @sujato can confirm, or there may be an easier solution on the SC side.

3 Likes

Bilara doesn’t seem to open up for me today, even after a hard refresh. @sabbamitta How is it going on your side?

1 Like

Exactly the same, since early this morning. It seems others are also affected.

@blake, could you please have a look?

1 Like

It seems to occasionally be working intermittently.

Just for testing I translated four lines of a verse (the page was still open and didn’t have to load) and repeatedly committed them every now and again to see whether something has improved. All the time I get red crosses, but right now one line has a green dot—and I even find this line saved in the repository!

2 Likes

@noeismet and everybody, Bilara is back working again!

Now you should also be able to translate and edit all recent additions that have been made to the “interface” and “home” files, and they should be saved in the repository.

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you!

Another question: I recently published map_translation-fr-site, but only a portion of the French translation was published, would republishing from Bilara fix that?

1 Like

I don’t know, try it out.

Or actually, there is a list of items to tick in that map that somehow doesn’t work for me either. I’ve made HongDa aware, I think it’s something in the code that needs to be changed.

1 Like

Ok, thanks a lot, I’ll try and see how it goes.

1 Like

Hello friends! I’ve been having problems accessing Bilara for the past 12 hours or so. Anyone having the same issues?

2 Likes

Yes, I see it too. Blake has been notified.

4 Likes

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Bilara is back at work! :+1:

1 Like

Though not directly a Bilara issue, I wanted to invite translators to participate in discussions around how internationalization works on the site. We now have the interface in almost 20 languages and there is an attempt to make it more obvious to new users. Please take a look a the below issues and discussions: Static page languages, language onboarding for new site users, putting lang= in the url as well as the work HongDa is doing to default SC site language to the browser preferences.

I also wanted to point out, especially for Ven. @sabbamitta, @noeismet, and @Gabriel_L That @HongDa has done a marvelous job splitting up and reorganizing the interface/site translation files.

Because the search interface is still being actively developed, I’d suggest that you keep away from translating it at this point. Of course you can, and it should work, but once search is “finalized” you will need to carefully review and make sure that it’s working. Translating prematurely could also lead to translating segments that eventually get deleted.

3 Likes

Hello, it’s been a while since I used the search and replace feature in Bilara, and I found that it’s not performing too well today. Is this known?

1 Like

Can you describe the problem? I haven’t used it for a looong time.

Sure :slight_smile: when I search for the term “surcroît” for example, it either shows 0 or 5 results, when I know that in MN alone, there must be at least 26 instances of it (when I search in my files). When I searched earlier in Bilara, it returned 5 instances, now it returns 0. :hushed:

1 Like