Documentary: Buddha's Lost Children

I love the monk in this movie for showing that one can be masculine and compassionate at the same time.

I also love the nun in this movie for showing that bhikkhuni ordination can be a good thing for Southeast Asian peoples.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/golden-horse-temple-fights-drug-addiction-with-horses-and-boxing-in-chiang-rai.html

7 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of this video. It has come up on YouTube as recommended for me, but I hadn’t settled in to watch it yet. I’ve moved a step closer and put it in my watch list. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s definitely worth the watch. The only thing I might have disagreed with the monk about is when he suggests that boys should never cry. There might be times when a boy does need to cry, but not for a trivial reason.

But without the tough love that he provides, they would likely grow up to become drug addicts or otherwise impoverished, so it’s very hard for me to judge. He is rescuing these children from very bad conditions.

I’m a grown man, and I shed tears for these children while watching it. I also shed tears for the compassion he shows for them. It reminded me of how much I need to change my own life.

3 Likes

I concur, it is a heart-warming documentary!

Same here :sob: :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this movie. It is a fantastic movie to watch and there is a lot to learn from it particularly with regard to courage, persistence and determination. May they all be well, happy and peaceful.
With Metta

4 Likes