E-book Sutta updates?

Hello friends!
Just wanted to ask, if there are any updates on the process of making Sutta Pitaka available as an ebook for off-line e-reader reading?

1 Like

We’ve not made any changes there, as we have been focused on other areas. But the general idea is that this will be available towards the end of the year. Actually it may be sooner, as most of the work is done already, but we’ll see.

Yes, I see, will be waiting. Thank you Sujato! As of yet, I have just downloaded html files with texts.

May I revive this thread: I was going to make a suggestion myself and this thread was suggested to me.
I’m not 100% sure, but I think there are plugins and the like that automatically produce pdf’s, epubs and other formats.

Please don’t insult our developers. :wink: Off-the-shelf solutions are a general solution for a specific problem. There is no way to automate such processes in general that will produce optimal results. So they’re fine for personal projects or whatever, but we will only do things that guarantee 100% pure, verified, GM-free, organic code. In fact the programming for these things is pretty much done, and we are implementing it step by step.

All in the pipeline!

khantī paramaṃ tapo …

3 Likes

While your electricity comes from a nuclear plant? :stuck_out_tongue: