EBTs which indicate the experience of the body disappears while meditating?

Gotcha. That was pretty much my feeling, too.

Thanks for this one. Like I said, I was going based off Bhante Sujato’s study, but it’s nice to have another piece of scriptural support, as well.

I mean一切always means “each and every individual unit,” I’ve never known it to mean an entire single mass–as I thought sabba similarly meant. But here everyone is translating it as “whole (body of breath).” I’ve just never understand why or how sabba could mean a singular whole. Anyway, it:s not important.

More to the point of this thread, what about the first two steps of the eight liberations as an example of a disappearing body? According to an article I recently read, internal/external in that context was held to mean self/other in the Sarvastivādin exegesis (as opposed to what I believe Pāli commentaries say). That would mean that in step two, the perception of one’s own rūpa from step one is given up, only that of another’s remains. That’s what the article seemed to say, anyway.

(I think it was an article on asubha bhavana by KL Dhammajoti. I’m not home right now, so I can’t quote.)