Existence after Death, Nihilism, and Anattā

On the contrary. I do not have any agenda of rejecting the suttas and it is unfair of you to characterize me in such a way. I am simply doing my best to understand the suttas. Personal attacks are sign that you are losing the argument, so stick to reasoning.

The so called pessimistic views you attribute to me are based on all the corrections that people (including you) have made of my views of nibbana and so I’m expressing my ‘corrected’ view.

My actual view of nibbana is close to the ancient Greek view of equanimity, peace of mind, contentment with little and finding pleasure in the simple things in life such as sitting in a garden on a sunny day or going on silent retreat with dhamma friends.
But you won’t even allow me those pleasures:

If someone tells me that I can’t enjoy sitting in a garden with a tranquil mind without worrying about all the flowers dying; or I can’t go on silent retreat without some sense of sadness about my friends dying, then I ‘d say that person is a pessimist. But, by your own words, that is your view of Buddhist doctrine. So it is you that has a pessimistic and bleak view of early Buddhism. Thanks for teaching me.