Feature request: blacklist

Please do share it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course I will, it will be open sourceā€¦ but hopefully new rules and flagging will make it unnecessary

2 Likes

Thanks @Mkoll. Where is this/how does one activate it? Hopefully I wonā€™t need it butā€¦

1 Like

You can set it under your preferences (the little cog symbol under your user ID on the top right hand corner and then scroll almost to the bottom of the settings list). Naturally, though, Iā€™m enthusiastically wafting my pompoms for the ā€œthis option not being neededā€ side. :wink:

6 Likes

[quote=ā€œAminah, post:28, topic:5197ā€]
Naturally, though, Iā€™m enthusiastically wafting my pompoms for the ā€œthis option not being neededā€ side.
[/quote]Indeed, its never good to shut anyone completely out, but sometimes that is the hard reality of the fact. People take a long time to change, often.

2 Likes

Also itā€™s important that everyone checks out the Flagging Guide. This is really the quickest and easiest way to let us know what you want to be different here. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks for the flagging guide Cara! It is very helpful. I had no idea there were flag types for off-topic, inappropriate, etc. What does it mean when you say heavy loss of ā€œTrustā€ or ā€œadds a little trust to the flaggerā€?

Oops. This is kind of off-topic. Maybe my first flag will be on myself?

2 Likes

I was confused by that as well. Hereā€™s the explanation:

3 Likes

Thanks @Mkoll.

Thanks @Suravira and thatā€™s an excellent question!

I think the Meta link Mkoll provided should explain it better than me, but otherwise feel free to ask.

Trust = how much the site and community trusts you - which relates to the privileges and capabilities you have on the forum.

1 Like

Sorry to disagree with you friend, blacklists are (IMO) a way of controlling experience - pushing away things we donā€™t like. That is dukkha.

1 Like