Dear friends and supporters of SuttaCentral,
I wanted to let you know that we are currently in a fresh round of development, and we would appreciate your support in helping us make SuttaCentral even better.
If using the Donations page is not convenient for you, just let us know and we’ll work something out.
Following the launch of the new site earlier this year, we have been maintaining and improving the site. Meanwhile, various issues have come up, including problems and bugs with the current site, as well as ideas for new and exciting features. We believe that the Buddha’s teaching deserves the best, and we want to make the site as good as it can be.
Of course, it goes without saying that the backbone of SuttaCentral has been, and will always be, the incredible contributions by our many volunteers. But for the core programming of the site we need professional support.
We have re-engaged STXnext, the same Polish firm who did such a great job on the site last year, and we’re working hard on upgrades, including:
- Improve performance, especially on mobiles, and fix bugs such as erratic offline performance.
- Integrate the voice assistant so people can listen to Dhamma on audio.
- Incorporate user feedback to improve the interface and make it more accessible.
- Make it easier for users to find translations in their own language.
- Add support for export to books and EPUBs.
- Create “universal web components” allowing SC to be integrated with any website.
- Create a new editor and system for translating suttas.
Full details are on our Roadmap (although this is subject to revision):
Any support that you can give, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated by all of us.