How are you reading EPUB and Kindle books in 2022?

I usually read ebooks on my Samsung Android tablet using either the FBReader app or the Librera PRO app.

1 Like

There is no point even trying to attempt to convert pdfs. Whats worth attempting is converting between epubs and mobis. But basically the entire Buddhist world online needs to to transition their free ebooks to mobi and epub too. Its really important.

1 Like

It’s not that hard to remove headers and footers with calibre using Regex, as long as you’re not pedantic. It helps if you know a little bit of html or are an excel wizard.
Instructions here

2 Likes

I find the open-source KOReader on Android or any Kindle to be really fast and great for epubs, PDFs. On my paperwhite, it hides ebooks from the Kindle itself so might help to stop the Kindle “reading you”.

Only issue is it thinks its an ereader on Android so you get no multitouch; need to use it differently to most Android apps. Also does calibre syncing, bookmarks, dictionaries, runs on Linux in an AppImage.

However, exercise caution downloading things outside the Play Store (it’s not on the Play Store, only FDroid which is a red flag - even though it is open source. )

https://koreader.rocks/

2 Likes