HTTP ERROR 500 when printing topics

Hello dear sutta central people,

When I use CTRL+P to print a topic (ie convert to pdf) to read later offline, it opens this nice popup where you can print the entire thread. But this only works sometimes. Often I get HTTP ERROR 500. I don’t know what this means.

Tried different browsers to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t know. I think it would have to do with your own system and not the website.
Does it happen on other sites as well? Are there other people here who have the same problem?

No, it’s just this website and only that particular popup. If I wait for a while and try again later, say ten minutes, it sometimes works. I’ve also had the problem on different computers. That’s why I think it may be a problem on your end. But it could be our internet connection, perhaps. Although that doesn’t explain why it’s only that popup.

It’s been happening for at least a couple months btw.

Thanks!

Can you try emptying your browser cache and then see how it goes?

Hi venerable,

Good idea. I will do so next time the problem comes up. :slight_smile: If it works I’ll let you know.

Thanks again!

1 Like

And if there are any numbers behind the 500, please let me know. Something like “HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error”.

Another thing you can try is deleting cookies and refreshing the page before trying to print again.

It might also have to do with the length of the thread: if it is a very long thread with many long posts, it might be too much for the browser’s memory.

1 Like