I made an App based on suttacentral and cbeta data

Thank you for sharing invaluable data so that I could make this app.
This app is mainly for enhancing daily reading experience with your tablet or phone.
Though it is a little bit clumsy, I am using it myself on daily basis.
If possible please add this app on suttacentral awesomeness(apps based on sutta central section)

Web

android

iOS

6 Likes

Thanks so much Zeta!

I’m trying out the app in web view, it looks interesting. You made it in React Native, I think?

Where exactly is the English for the Chinese coming from? [Edit: Oh, I see now. You’ve used the DeepL data. That’s really not a translation, it’s a software experiment.]

1 Like

Thank you for your concern. I commented that Deepl translations are not for serious practice or study. I made this app with react native.

2 Likes

Ven Sujato, Thank you for adding this app to awesome Suttacentral. I made this with react native…

1 Like

It’s “better than nothing at all” and serves to mockup an app. I like that you’ve made the parallel links available on the top menu. It makes browsing them quick. One other thing: For the Chinese, I would suggest moving T 大正新脩大藏經 and X 卍新續藏 to the top of the list. Those are the two main canonical collections that most users would be looking at.

1 Like

That’s a great idea…