Aksharamukha: Indic Script Converter

A little feedback on the UI…

As I think I understand it, the things circled in red are previous alphabets/schemes. And that if you want to change to that you press on it.
To me it is a bit confusing as it seems like it could be a heading since it is the same text size as the actual alphabet selected. It was more confusing when I had previously selected a similar Roman scheme.
Or when it says Auto-Detect in the drop down, as above… Is it auto detecting as Sinahla?

Personally I’m not sure how useful the feature of having the previous alphabet as button there is.

Just a thought. It really is an amazing tool. It’s clear you care a lot about the project.

1 Like

Oh… Could you post a screenshot please :slight_smile:

I’ll fix it.

V

May be. I could change the color a bit to highlight it.

I kinda got the idea from Bing translate.

I personally use it a lot, since I work with multiple scripts. It’s kinda handy to me.

V

I wonder if there couldn’t be a small heading above the button that said something like Previous Alphabets. And if there could be space for the last three (obviously the text on the buttons would have to be smaller). But these are just thoughts and I’m only one user.

akshara-Print-Problem.pdf (319.2 KB)

Here is an example of the problem with printing. I actually don’t have a printer so I don’t know if it would be there if I printed. But several PDF drivers give the same result.

I kinda fixed it my adding a history icon. Perhaps, it’ll make it self-evident.

Here is an example of the problem with printing. I actually don’t have a printer so I don’t know if it would be there if I printed. But several PDF drivers give the same result.

I’ve fixed it :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the feedback!

2 Likes

This is an old thread, but just to note that we have now implemented Aksharamukha on SC, and Virtualvinodh has been super-helpful in getting it going. There are a few tweaks to be worked out, we’ll get on to them soon.

(I added “Aksharamukha” to the title to make it more prominent in searches)

3 Likes