Introducing our new Staff Member

We have a new staff member on board and his name is Discobot. He is not a real person, but a bot, that teaches people about Discuss & Discover.

Some of our recent new members have already met him because he is there to welcome new members, introduce our Admin / Moderator team and give them a fun interactive tutorial. If you have been around a little longer and you want to do the tutorial and play around with it, you can start up the tutorial by typing the command @discobot start new user in a private message to discobot.

There is also an advanced tutorial that you can access by typing @discobot start advanced userand I assume that people get an automated PM from discobot with this tutorial when they reach this level.

You can also interact with Discobot in several other ways. Please remember that he is a bot and only limited in his understanding. He can get a bit stroppy when you keep asking him questions he does not understand so please spare his feelings a bit. We don’t want to end up with with a Marvin here.

But I’ll let @discobot introduce himself.

10 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot start new user

Nothing happens so far… :smirk:

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

Try sending him a private message with that command in it. He will send you a private message back

Wow, I’m just impressed, but don’t understand all his advices! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: You only lose what you cling to. — Buddha

5 Likes

That’s just fun!!! :heart_eyes:

Discobot you are cute! :blush:

1 Like

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 6, 4

Am I lacking language skills? I have no idea what “roll 2d6” could mean, and discobot’s reaction when I give him this command doesn’t really make me wiser… :confused:

Anybody who can help out?

1 Like

It rolls 6-face dice two times :wink:

1 Like

@discobot roll 3d12

1 Like

:game_die: 10, 7, 10

1 Like

Cool! Very impressed!! :grinning:

1 Like

@discobot quote