Is there a freely available PDF translation of Vimuttimagga by Nyanatusita?

As I was reading the mysterious case of The Breath Nimitta, I came across the mention of a new Vimuttimagga translation by Nyanatusita that has been improved and refined across. While the draft translation by by Ehara, Soma, and Kheminda avaiable as a scanned pdf, I seem to only be able to find Nyanatusita translation sold as a product.

If someone know a freely available PDF translation of Vimuttimagga by Nyanatusita or any other non-drafty complete translation, please let me know. Thanks!

I also don’t know if a scanned copy is available. We purchased a copy from the publisher in Hong Kong.

2 Likes

It’s available on the BPS website:

2 Likes

Regarding the PDF on BPS website I see that it’s translation by Ehara, Soma, and Kheminda.

Thank Venerables. Foreign commerce in Vietnam is horrendous, but I’ll try to get one in Hong Kong via sea mail also

1 Like

Indeed, this is the old one.

1 Like

There is an electronic (PDF, HTML, ePub) version of the older (Some & Kheminda Theras) translation available at Visuddhimagga — digital (at the very bottom of the page; has some limitations, as it is OCR’d; the Pali footnotes might contain some mistakes, but the English text is good). Sadly, the Nyanatusita’s translation does not seem to be available electronically.

Hi there everyone! I just looked for a PDF of the “new” Vimuttimagga by Nyanatusita myself and I am very happy to report that there is now a free PDF version you can download on the official website here:

It seems that only the first book is available right now, but you will get almost 70% of the main text because the PDF ends at page 512 and at page 752 the appendices start.

6 Likes

It looks like PDFs of both volumes of Ven. Nyanatusita’s translation are now available on the publisher’s website:

7 Likes