Issues with the new suttacentral website

I just tried it and yes, it changes color but not very visably. It becomes a slightly lighter shade of grey. But when you go to your bookmarks it is there.

But once you’ve bookmarked it and you hover over the bookmark symbol, it says: You have bookmarked this post.

1 Like

well, worked this time though hadn’t before?? thanks again.

PS Growing up (decades ago) my family always kidded me as all watches and clocks stopped working on or close to me. Same thing still happens, can’t wear a watch and some alarm clocks work, most don’t (but they work fine for my husband in another room). Too weird…

5 Likes

You must have hidden magical powers :wink:

Oh, and don’t come near my computer please :scream_cat:

7 Likes

Ha ha, that’s exactly what David, my husband, says: “stay away from my computer” (or other such things). And often when I have trouble with my computer (which is in another room) I ask him for help and he tells me to go out of the room and he sits down to have a look and surprisingly the problem has disappeared and everything is working just fine… go figure.

Hope my ‘magical powers’ don’t extend long-distance or you’ll never get the bugs in the new site fixed :wink: :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

My sister had a similar problem with watches (don’t know how it is now), and when approaching my mother’s sewing machine needles would break merely on seeing her… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: She’d never seriously touch a sewing machine!

4 Likes

Trouble replying on Android. I can’t read error msg with the screen turned sideways…

Hi, I belive your issue is with SC’s Discourse forum and not the new SC website.
I had similar difficulties using the updated Discourse’s layout/template and changed it back to the old one. I suggest you try it as well.
To do it, go to your profile (click on your picture at the right top corner), then, click the cog which brings you to 'Preferences.
There, click ‘Interface’ and there change Theme to ‘SC Legacy Theme’ - it works much better in Android phones!
Last but not least, fear not, changing the Discourse theme does note change the way the new SuttaCentral and all its beautiful EBTs will be loaded in your mobile.
:anjal:

2 Likes

Hey, nice to meet you, I just checked my interface and I’m already using SC legacy theme :slight_smile:

D&D, I wish we could all play dungeons and dragons together… :smiley: