Looking for free copyright Itivuttaka

Hi, I’m looking for english translation of Itivuttaka without any copyright. (Really free without any requirements. Older translation is okay but I prefer new one)

Does anyone know where I can get it? :thinking:

There is the Thanissaro Bhikkhu translation at: https://www.dhammatalks.org
That’s under a creative commons licence, which I don’t think imposes a lot of restrictions (mostly needing attribution and describing changes if one does alter things from the original).

7 Likes

There’s also the John Ireland translation which can be downloaded in a variety of formats at ReadingFaithfully

5 Likes

Thank you… :grin:

2 Likes

So, John Ireland’s translation is also on Sutta Central (that’s where the ebook came from). But it’s very much under copyright.

Copyright © 1997 by John D. Ireland.

This text has been made available by the kind permission of the Buddhist Publication Society. It was released under the following licence terms:

For free distribution. This work may be republished, reformatted, reprinted and redistributed in any medium. However, any such republication and redistribution is to be made available to the public on a free and unrestricted basis, and translations and other derivative works are to be clearly marked as such.

But it may work for your purposes.

I’m not familiar with an Itivuttaka that is both modern and public domain. I believe Bhante Sujato is planning on doing one.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ll be starting my iti translation soon, it’s next on my list!

9 Likes

Sounds great, I’ll waiting for your work Bhante @sujato:grin:

1 Like