Looking for volunteers for coding Khandhaka

I’m looking for people who are interested in coding the Vinaya Khandhaka for use in the Pootle translation system. The files have already been created but the main task is to compare them to I.B. Horner’s translation and find out where each section with a certain number begins and ends and put that in.

So some knowledge of Pali is required. You don’t need to be perfect at Pali but you need to be able to determine which section in the Pali corresponds to which translated section. This can also be a great exercise to learn more.

Other than that, a text editor like Sublime 3, Atom or Notepad++ is also very helpful.

Knowledge of html is helpful but not necessary. I can explain all you need to know.

If you have some time and would like to help SuttaCentral, please reply below or PM me.

Thanks! :pray:

4 Likes

I would like to give it a try. Do you have an idea of how long this will go on - a week, a month, …?

I usually use oXygenXML for html editting, and I have a Pali keyboard installed. My github name is greenTara.

6 Likes

Thank you so much @greenTara! I will send you instructions over email and then we can talk about it. Somebody else is also helping so I suggest the two of you split it up so you only have to do a part.

Ajahn Brahmali would have liked it finished before the Vassa but I think that is not realistic. I’m sure it will be fine a little while later too.

1 Like