Marks that may indicate the manner of death in one’s previous life?

I heard or read somewhere that a red wine stain birthmark can indicate the fatal blow or whatever that ended your previous life. A kammic stain so to speak.

I have a clean body except for a scattered red birthmark on the back of my neck, just below the base of my skull. In the spot where someone would be executed with a gun. Walking around the city I have noticed about a dozen men with the similar looking birthmarks in the same spot.

Is there anything in the Buddha’s teachings that would support a theory like this? Do you have any comments or thoughts? This won’t affect my practice or my life in any way, I just find it interesting.

Peace,

1 Like

A few “confirmed” rebirth cases have indeed shown prior-injury/birth-mark correlations, so there does appear to be some evidence for this. To my knowledge though it’s not talked about in any authoritative Buddhist texts, however.

3 Likes

No

My thought about this have been posted here:

1 Like

Not in the Buddha’s teachings, but the late Dr. Ian Stevenson catalogued many such cases where birthmarks corresponded to how children died in their alleged past lives.

2 Likes
2 Likes

A birthmark in the neck is actually quite common, it’s called a ‘stork’s bite’, almost half of the babies have them. Most of the time the mark goes away, but in some cases the birthmark will remain.

2 Likes