Mirrors to Wisdom: Buddhist Poetry - Online Workshop 31st January

Mirrors to Wisdom: Poetic Reflections on 2020

Share your poetry with the world!

Poetry has held an important place in many spiritual traditions from early times up until today. With its power to express profound truths and convey complex concepts, poetry speaks to us in ways that touch the heart whilst helping to illuminate the spiritual path.

We are seeking poets to share their poems as part of the first Communities of Practice workshop for 2021.

Do you have an original poem to share? We’d love to hear from you.

To register your interest and submit your poems, visit the website:

https://poetry.thebbep.org

Submission Deadline is 8th January.

If you have any questions contact poetry@thebbep.org

There will be an online event on Sunday 31st January where selected poems will be read and participants can connect and interact together.

This is a collaboration between the Nan Tien Institute, the Monastery at the End of the World, Rainbodhi LGBTQIA+ Buddhist Community, the Buddhist Council of NSW, Sydney Insight Meditators and Therimettarama Nuns Hermitage.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: All sorts of Nonsense- Limericks & Dhamma reflections

Thank you, Bhante @Akaliko! I will be submitting a poem and taking part in this event. :heart:

2 Likes

Me 2. C u there. :smiley:

2 Likes

Online Poetry Workshop

We received 60 submissions of poetry for Mirrors to Wisdom: Poetic Reflections on 2020. Amazing! So many talented poets out there.

All the poems will all be published on the website below shortly. We will be making a selection for the upcoming Mirrors to Wisdom online workshop, and invite some of the poets to share their practice with us. You’ll have a chance to hear lots of poems and interact with the poets.

Poetry Workshop

Date: Sunday 31st January
Time: 4 – 5:30pm AEDT (Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne UTC/GMT +11 hours)
Your local time:
.2021-01-31T05:00:00Z2021-01-31T06:30:00Z

Registration is essential to recieve the zoom link: Poetry Workshop – Mirrors to Wisdom

Discover a community of poets and explore the diversity of contemporary poetry in this interactive online workshop.

Poetry has held an important place in many spiritual traditions from early times up until today. With its power to express profound truths and convey complex concepts, poetry speaks to us in ways that touch the heart whilst helping to illuminate the spiritual path.

Join us for our first Communities of Practice for 2021, to hear from a variety of contemporary poets, exploring themes of spirituality, contemporary life, and what it means to be human.

See you there!

3 Likes

I missed the deadline.

:crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Oh no!! Now, you’ll be condemned to the limerick hell realms for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time…
:sob:

2 Likes

But I registered immediately.

:wink:

1 Like

oh well, in that case, up to the deva relams for sure then! :innocent:

2 Likes

Will there be an open mike?

1 Like

tooo risky Gillian, :rofl:

But if you are interested in Buddhist poetry, we have a little poetry group happening now, that meets monthly to share our poems and chat about important stuff. It’s lovely! Message me if you want more info.

4 Likes

Is it online? What time is it? Can. I come too :blush: ?

1 Like

See you there. :smiley:

INTERNATIONAL TIMES:
.2021-01-31T05:00:00Z2021-01-31T06:30:00Z

1 Like

If not for the time zone difference, I’d be there! (That’s midnight by me :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

@Gillian I tried to find how to do this international timezone wizardry but failed :sob: is that right though? :point_up:5:03 should be 5:30pm?

Bah. Sleep when you’re dead! Poetry. POETRY!!!

We’ll work up a tutorial. Especially for you. 530pm it is. I’ts like when you take money out of a teller machine and get the number of zeros wrong.

1 Like

Yes. 7:15pm AEDT first Wednesday of the month. You’re welcome to join! And @Gillian too. Please DM me your email addresses.

2 Likes

Thanks Bhante, sadly it’s 3 am here :sob:

2 Likes