Namarupa vs Pancakkanda

I have a question. This is regarding Namarupa and Pancaccanda. What I understand from these two is this.
Namarupa is the subject which feels, percieves, etc- khajjaniya sutta- SN 22.79.

Pancakkandas are the objects which are felt, percieved etc by Namarupa/ Subject. Beacuse, according to Khanda sutta- SN 22.48, skanda is what is “past, future, or present; internal or external; coarse or fine; inferior or superior; far or near: this is called the aggregate of…”. My understanding is these are basically our interpretations - inferior, superior, near, far etc.

Therefore panca-Upadanakkanda is that which is prone to be clung( from pancakkanda) by Namarupa.

Please give your input whether this understanding is correct or wrong.

It’s nama, not rupa, the keystone of conventional reality is name. When name is dislodged, CR is penetrated. That cannot be achieved by attempting to understand suttas on the level of those same names and terminologies:

"“Whatever form — past, future, or present; internal or external; blatant or subtle; common or sublime; far or near — is clingable, offers sustenance, and is accompanied with mental fermentation: That is called the form clinging-aggregate.”—Samyutta Nikaya 22.48

5. Name

What is it that overwhelmed[18] everything? What is it that nought else excels? What is it that to which one thing Everything else its course doth bend? 'Tis name that has overwhelmed everything Nought else exists that excels name And Name itself is that one thing Beneath whose sway all others came.[19]

— Samyutta Nikaya 1.61 Nanananda

Saturday doesn’t know its name:

https://dharmaseed.org/talks/player/4262.html

1 Like

Really appreciate your reply.
Does that mean skanda or aggregate is just names we make in conventional reality( or just a papanca we make) to which we cling.

Could you please elaborate the difference beteween aggregates and Namarupas.

1 Like

I understand you are interested in terminology first, and the Buddhist Dictionary by Nyanatiloka is recommended for that. To avoid focussing on words only however, a parallel investigation into what these things mean in daily life should be conducted. This is provided by listening to the audios. Surprised no questions were asked about the first audio.

Conventional reality:

1 Like

:pray::pray::pray: thank you very much.