Not self and no self

To go beyond duality you need to understand. Life is motionless and motion. Male and female. Etc

If you believe in no self as the only truth. While you know there is you present. If you believe in soul as eternal that goes against the truth that everything is motion.

I know well these states of existence are worthless—Sambhavā suviditā asārakā, 3.2conditioned, unstable, always in motion. Saṅkhatā pacalitā saderitā;

That’s explaining what is above also.

The North Star, also known as Polaris, is known to stay fixed in our sky. It marks the location of the sky’s north pole, the point around which the whole sky turns. That’s why you can always use Polaris to find the direction north. But the North Star does move.

I think tanha and avija together support the duality in our minds of a perceiver and the perceived. For example, immediately when pain arises tanha and avijja become active and create the perception that there is someone (an I or kind of mental entity) who feels the pain. This creates the mental burden. There is not only a perception of pain but also a very strong perception of “I” feel this pain and do not want to feel it". What arises is an attitude or mentallity towards the perceived. We do not do this consciously. It is part of our make up (anusaya) that this happens. In that arising atiitude there also arises a sense of duality.

I belief the enlightend mind goes beyond this duality because it has uprooted tanha and avijja.
When all Me and mine -making is gone the mind is just like a mirror. It just reflects but it does not create or have any attitude towards the reflected/perceived

This attitude towards everything we experience that is the real mental burden. There the mental burden is created. The sense of “I am” arises simultaniously when an attitude or mentallity arises towards the perceived.

I think the Buddha saw that this attitude towards the perceived will not help us overcome suffering, but is part of the problem. All this liking and disliking is part of the cause.
The heart is full of tanha. The more tanha the stronger the attitude towards the perceived. The stronger the attitude towards the perceived, thee stronger unrest, the affliction, the inability to relate to the perceived in an not-emotional way. It is like we are constantly in fire, burned by what is being experienced. Like we ignite. We ignite in attitude. Burning with attitude. That is what tanha does.

It is all easy to see, but hard to realise because the heart is still full longings. It longs for so many things.
Even if one sees the right way, even then it is hard to go the right way. It is very hard to be a friend and light for oneself. Maybe this sound strange, but i feel it this way. A human being can be his own worst enemy and i think this is common. Many, many people are. It is almost like we are born to burden ourselves.

Beautiful written. Thank you. Well my friend the brain itself is bound to I feeling because survival evolution. Needing to know what is others. This is the hell we have to get out of. But without aversion it will come. At the moment you least planned. Unexpected. You will see beyond male and female. Because your true mind-made world was without gender. Beginningless times is in you :pray:t4: