SuttaCentral

Notes on the segmentation of Pali Vinaya with Brahmali's translation

Kd 13, segment 75

“He asked the Order for the trial period of six days for that offense, (previous segment) and the Order gave me the trial period.

… gave him the trial period. :white_check_mark:

Kd 13 segment 531

“While he was on probation, he committed one unconcealed offense of intentional emission of semen.” (Pli: So parivasanto antarā ekaṃ āpattiṃ āpajji sañcetanikaṃ sukkavissaṭṭhiṃ pañcāhappaṭicchannaṃ.)

… committed one offense of intentional emission of semen, concealed for five days. :white_check_mark:

(In later segments it is again correct—which first confused me and then made me check… )

Segment 540

“And it should be done in this way” (Pli: Evañca pana, bhikkhave, mūlāya paṭikassitabbo)

Should be “And he should be sent back to the beginning in this way” (Later on there will still follow a second procedure, that of giving him a simultaneous probation, which isn’t clear when here it is just saying “it should be done…” )

Fixed :white_check_mark: (I wouldn’t change this myself if I had not seen it done this way in later instances.)

Thanks, @sabbamitta. I have had no internet access for the past 4 days or so, and so I am a bit behind on everything. But it’s great that you catch these things and get them sorted out. Appamādena sampadetha!

Ähhmmm… The Pali text in Pootle for Kd 13 ends with segment 1410 of 2291. What should I do? Kathaṃ nu kho mayā paṭipajjitabban’ti? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Bhante @sujato?

Just checking again, and more text shows up. Whoever did what… thank you!

Māra was thwarted. Reverse divine intervention!

Kd 13 segment 1441

Idha pana, bhikkhave, bhikkhu parivasanto, pāpikāya diṭṭhiyā, appaṭinissagge, ukkhipiyyati.

“It may be that a monk on probation is ejected for not seeing a bad view.”

In other instances this term is translated “… not giving up a bad view”.

Again in segments 1458, 1476, 1494, 1513.

Indeed! Thanks for spotting this. I have now fixed them all.

Sie sind wunderbar!

I am ready to do some work on this project, for the next few weeks at least. Please send me something. Thanks!