Online Seminar Series for Sutta Lovers

Two dates in your post! Please let us know which one is right? The date for the zoom is August 22 so that should be the correct one.

This Sunday the 22nd of August… thanks for picking that up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

International time, wherever you are: 2021-08-22T11:30:00Z

1 Like

This talk is already online. Thanks! :pray:

22nd of August

2 Likes

I can’t find it on YouTube. Is it available elsewhere?

2 Likes

29th of August (PART 3)

1 Like

We are delighted to continue the Seminar Series for Sutta Lovers with Bhante Sujato.

Topic: Sutta Nipata
Dates: September 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th - (4 x Sundays)
Time: 3.00 pm - 5.00 pm Sydney, Melbourne Canberra time
10.30 am - 12.30 pm Colombo SL time
Please check your time zone.

If you have attended the Visuddhimagga series please check whether you have got a new notice for the Sutta Nipatha series starting on 5th September. If not please follow the instruction given below to obtain the zoom link.

If you like to receive the zoom link, please register in

advance for this webinar:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to catch up with these various talks over the past few days. As Gillian noted:

it looks like the video for "Translating the Dhamma with proper attention” was deleted from the youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnALakpQp1IzVjAvUZdTaJQ/videos
Perhaps @Deepika could comment on whether it will be back soon.

:heart:

1 Like

FYI, the content of the video you mentioned was actually the recording of the 3rd part of the Visuddhimagga series.

1 Like

Hi @mikenz66 , @FelixC, et al

I believe there was a problem with the recording of one of the sessions, so unfortunately it will not be made available.

1 Like

Greetings!

After having enjoyed and benefited much from SuttaCentral, this is my first post. I am not certain this is the place for me to ask this question. I have watched 3 episodes of Bhante Sujato’s recent presentation on the Visuddhimagga & Buddhaghosa on youtube from International Dhamma Programs site. In the 3rd episode (Wisdom) he mentions his previous Samadhi presentation. However, it is not to be found on the site. Episode 1 (Introduction), Episode 2 (Sila) are there along with episode 3 (Wisdom) but the episode on Samadhi is absent. Can anyone enlighten me on why this is and how I might find the Samadhi episode. With blessing and thanks!

Hi @BCH welcome to the forum.

Please see this thread here:

@moderators perhaps these threads can be merged.

1 Like

Thank You Bhante Akaliko! Perhaps there will be another occasion in the future for the same or similar material to be presented by Bhante Sujato or do you happen to know of there is something similar available as a lecture series elsewhere?

With best wishes! Brian

1 Like

Again, thanks Bhante: two in one day.
We @moderators love receiving helpful messages of this sort.

3 Likes

Here is the link for the recordings.

Pls find the link here.

Hi @BCH

There was a similar series last year:

1 Like

Thank you mikenz66! I am looking forward to this.

The recording of a subsequent lecture, on the first two suttas of the Aṭṭhakavagga of the Sutta Nipata, has been uploaded. It’s good to be back to sutta!

2 Likes

Here is the complete series:

The 3rd talk is mislabelled as Translating the Dhamma …. Perhaps @Deepika knows if the actual talk Translating the Dhamma with “proper attention” was recorded or is indeed lost, and whether it will be made available?

6 Likes