paṭissati / paṭivipassanā
veneration for the venerables and respect for all dhamma elders and much mettā for everyone.
imho, “paṭissati” = “paṭivipassanā” = counter-insight in the vipassanā-ñāna / mahasatipaṭṭhāna sutta sense and means consciousness of the kammaṭṭhāna object (anicca-lakkhaṇa / dukkha-lakkhaṇa) that reflects/reverts to itself (and knows anicca-lakkhaṇa / dukkha-lakkhaṇa nature of itself) and thereby develops deeper nibbida-ñāna (for nāma-rūpa) leading to the entry into anatta-ñāṇa.
“paṭissati” in the jhāna sense is the stage before jhāna-samāpatti and herein the yogi 's awareness of the nimitta reverts/reflects on itself i.e. he is aware of his awareness and thereby the dichotomies between he himself - the kammaṭṭhāna object - his awareness of the kammaṭṭhāna object - nimitta/s - his awareness of the nimitta/s is overcome and all merges in ‘one oneness’ of jhāna samāpatti.
A. i pray for the comments of all venerables and respected dhamma elders re: my abovestated understandings.
B. i pray to all venerables and respected dhamma elders for a grammatically accurate and correctly interpreted translation of the following:
- Sampajāno paṭissatoti sampajānapaññāya ceva satiyā ca yutto.
- Paṭissatoti paṭissatisaṅkhātāya satiyā yutto.
- Punappunaṃ saraṇato anussaraṇavasena anussati. Abhimukhaṃ gantvā viya saraṇato paṭisaraṇavasena paṭissati".
- Mahāniddesa-aṭṭhakathā, Kāmasuttaniddesavaṇṇanā)
- Yāvadeva ñāṇamattāya paṭissatimattāya anissito ca viharati.
- Mahasatipaṭṭhāna sutta
- Vipassanāya paṭivipassananti dhammānañca puna vipassanaṃ.
- Uparipaṇṇāsa-ṭīkā, Suññatavaggo
- Tassa khayadhammatādijānanaṃ paṭivipassanā. Tenāha ‘‘vipassanāpaṭivipassanādassanamatta’’nti
- Ñāṇavibhaṅgo, Sattakaniddesavaṇṇanā
- Gāthāsu ānāpāne paṭissatoti ānāpānanimittasmiṃ paṭi paṭi sato, upaṭṭhitassatīti attho".
with veneration, respect, gratitude and much mettā,