Please help: Buddhism deradicalization programme in Indonesia

[quote=“tasfan, post:1, topic:18966”] but there is no programme specifically catered for Buddhists
[/quote] … Buddhist in Indonesia? A radicalist? Wow …

Yes. That’s the situation for now.

Can you @tasfan elaborate more about it? Maybe an example of the case? Your kind explanation would be highly appreciated.

As a buddhist in Indonesia, I never came across such case. However, if we talk about other religion it does happen, especially nowaday.

:pray:

1 Like

The derad programme at the current moment didn’t cater for Buddhists.

So, imagine if the person in detainment choose to identify himself as Buddhist for one or several reasons (Indonesian ID Card stated one’s choice of religion), then he would get a normal derad programme based on other faiths, because no customized Buddhist derad exist.

I would like to add that it’s very easy to get brainwashed nowadays, so we can’t discount that the person being brainwashed is not Buddhist.

Of course, by providing Buddhism perspective on derad “might” influence the derad programme as a whole, although it is a long shot.

At the very least, it would bring the dialogue and feeback on the whole programme itself, which is still being reviewed and implemented.

Oh I see @tasfan , it is not a Buddhist Radicalism …

And yes, some Buddhist maybe brainwashed to change their religion and become a fanatic in their new religion …

As for the deradicalization program, we may be of help. Just notify us what you need.As for your information, we held reguler Vipassana Meditation in LP Cipinang Complex. Twice per month at the Narcotics. And once a month for the Criminals. But it was before the Covid Pandemy, following the pandemy everything was on hold. We are of course very happy to help. :pray: