Please help me get rid of stuff!

It’s now over 30 years that I have been a Buddhist practitioner, and in this time I have accumulated quite a number of books on various aspects of Buddhism in German, English and French. Now it is time for me to reduce the amount of stuff and embrace a more simple life with as little possessions as possible.

Therefore I have to make a choice as to which books of my collection I want to keep, and which ones I should let go of… a good exercise in the art of letting go! The emphasis for me is now on the EBTs, so what you find here is probably everything else.

I am posting here a list of books I’d like to find new owners for who hopefully will benefit from them. :star_struck:

I’m offering the books on a donation basis, and all funds that exceed the postage costs will be dedicated to support Kalyanamitra Foundation for social engagement and Western Monastics, initiated by Ayya Yeshe:

Redirecting....

Here you can find the postage costs for sending parcels from Germany: https://www.deutschepost.de/content/dam/dpag/images/G_g/Gesamtpreisliste/dp_leistungen-und-preise-092017.pdf

In some cases I might need to buy some package material in addition to the postage costs.

In order to let me know which book you would like, please contact me.

Any amount however small will help to make a difference for people in the slum of Nagpur / India as well as for Western monastics in Tibetan Buddhism. :nun:

Thank you for helping me getting rid of stuff and, please, enjoy the books! :laughing:

List of books:

A. Tibetan Buddhism

German

• Gesellschaft für bedrohte Völker / Verein der Tibeter in Deutschland: Tibet, Traum oder Trauma?

English

• Kathog Situ Chökyi Gyatso: Togden Shakya Shri. The Life and Liberation of a Tibetan Yogin. Shang Shung Publications (signed by Sey Rinpoche, Shakya Shri’s lineage holder and great-grandson)
  • Tashi: A Basic Grammar of Modern Spoken Tibetan. A practical handbook. Library of Tibetan Works & Archives

French

• Gampopa Seunam Rinchen: Le précieux ornement de la libération. Padmakara
  • Milarépa: Chants extraordinaires, tome 1. Claire lumière
  • Thrangou Rinpoché: La vie merveilleuse de Réchungpa, le disciple rebelle de Milarépa. Claire Lumière
  • Sa Sainteté Gyalwang Drukchen: La méditation du Dragon. Claire Lumière
  • Kyabdjé Kalou Rinpoché, le Vidyadhara Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoché, le Très vénérable Bokar Rinpoché, Lama Denis Teundroup, Déchoung Rinpoché, Jétsün Milarépa: La Méditation. Editions Prajna
  • Tenga Rinpoché: Tara. Commentaire de la pratique de la grande libératrice. Editions Dzambala
  • Bokar Rinpoché: Tara. Le divin au féminin. Claire Lumière
  • Le Dalaï Lama: Une approche humaine pour la paix dans le monde. Institut Vajra Yogini
  • L‘enfance Tibétaine: La Lignée des Drukpa Kargyud. Publié par: Aide à l‘enfance tibétaine
  • L‘abeille turquoise. Chants d‘amour du Vie Dalaï Lama. Inédit Sagesses
  • Sutra de la piété filiale

Printed posters

• Head of Buddha 61 x 92 cm
  • Tchenrezig 42 x 58 cm
  • Milarepa 27 x 35
  • Milarepa (painted by Nicholas Roehrich) 36 x 28

Ayya Yeshe’s CD “Dakini”

There are still a number of Ayya Yeshe’s CDs which have been produced some years ago in order to support her charity. Now they can just go together with the books. A very nice gift! :gift:

B. Other Buddhist books

German

• Ursula Gräfe: Buddha. Leben, Werk, Wirkung. Suhrkamp Basisbiographie
  • Edward Conze: Eine kurze Geschichte des Buddhismus. insel taschenbuch
  • Karl Gjellerup: Der Pilger Kamanita. Legendenroman. Ansata

English

• K. Sri Dhammananda: How to live without Fear & Worry
  • Venerable Faxun: One Life Five Precepts. Buddhist ethics for modern living

French

• Serge-Christophe Kolm: Le bonheur-liberté. Bouddhisme profond et modernité. Libre Échange PUF

C. Other religious books

German

• Die Bibel. Pattloch 1972.
  • Neues Testament und Psalter, in der Sprache Martin Luthers für Leser von heute. Friedrich Wittig Verlag Hamburg
  • M. K. Gandhi: Eine Autobiographie oder die Geschichte meiner Experimente mit der Wahrheit. Verlag Hinder + Deelmann
  • Hans Conrad Zander: Von der Leichtigkeit der Religion. Kleine katholische Kalorienkunde. Patmos

English

• Assisi. Art and History in the Centuries. Edizioni plurigraf

D. Miscellaneous

German

• Sachs-Villatte: Langenscheidts Großwörterbuch Französisch-Deutsch
  • Langenscheidt: Großes Schulwörterbuch Deutsch-Französisch
  • Dr. med. Catherine Kousmine: Gesundheit auf dem Teller. Wohlbefinden bis über 80. Delachaux & Niestle
  • Sieber: Mathematische Tafeln, mit Formelsammlung A
  • Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt: Odette Toulemonde und andere Geschichten
  • Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt: Mein Leben mit Mozart

French

• Fondation Dr. Catherine Kousmine: La méthode Kousmine. Poches Jouvence
7 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of stuff indeed! :sweat_smile:

Could you share photos of the thangkas?

2 Likes

Sure! Here they are:

thangka01-re2

thangka02-re2

thangka03-re2

thangka04-re2

thangka05-re2

3 Likes

The list is already getting shorter.

But I still added Ayya Yeshe’s CD “Dakini” (see above).
:anjal:

2 Likes

I’ve updated the list again :writing_hand:

1 Like

If you want to know what Ayya Yeshe’s CD sounds like, here are some of her beautiful songs:

3 Likes

Another beautiful rendition of the Prajnaparamita:

Music: “Acceptance” by Ryuichi Sakamoto
Lyrics: Prajnaparamita - Heart Sutra in Sanskrit

iha śāriputra: rūpaṃ śūnyatā śūnyataiva rūpaṃ
(O Sariputra, form is emptiness, emptiness is form)

rūpān na pṛthak śūnyatā śunyatāyā na pṛthag rūpaṃ
(emptiness does not differ from form, form does not differ from emptiness,)

yad rūpaṃ sā śūnyatā; ya śūnyatā tad rūpaṃ
(whatever is emptiness, that is form)

evam eva vedanā saṃjñā saṃskāra vijñānaṃ
(the same is true of feelings, perceptions, volitional formations, and consciousness)

1 Like