Please post determinations/resolutions/vows/affirmations in suttas

There is many wealth in suttas/sutras to compile here for the benefit for everyone.

As long as I live, may I support my parents. Yāvajīvaṁ mātāpettibharo assaṁ, 1.5As long as I live, may I honor the elders in the family. yāvajīvaṁ kule jeṭṭhāpacāyī assaṁ, 1.6As long as I live, may I speak gently. yāvajīvaṁ saṇhavāco assaṁ, 1.7As long as I live, may I not speak divisively. yāvajīvaṁ apisuṇavāco assaṁ, 1.8As long as I live, may I live at home rid of the stain of stinginess, freely generous, open-handed, loving to let go, committed to charity, loving to give and to share. yāvajīvaṁ vigatamalamaccherena cetasā agāraṁ ajjhāvaseyyaṁ muttacāgo payatapāṇi vossaggarato yācayogo dānasaṁvibhāgarato, 1.9As long as I live, may I speak the truth. yāvajīvaṁ saccavāco assaṁ, 1.10As long as I live, may I be free of anger, or should anger arise, may I quickly get rid of it. yāvajīvaṁ akkodhano assaṁ—sacepi me kodho uppajjeyya, khippameva naṁ paṭivineyyanti.

Beautiful chanting also. Good for householders

2 Likes

For believing in healing of your suffering by the power of the triple gem.

For sure the Gracious One is a Perfect Sambuddha, who teaches the Dhamma for the giving up of suffering such as this; for sure the Gracious One’s Community of disciples are good in their practice, who practice for the giving up of suffering such as this; it is sure that Emancipation is truly happy, where suffering such as this is not found.

When a monk or nun “goes forth from the householder life”, that’s a resolution of sorts. This stock phrase, to “go forth,” appears in many suttas.

1 Like