Program Tilorien Monastery

Every Saturday:

Registration not required, just show up!

16.00 Sutta Study Class
17.30 Tea with the monastics
18.00 Dhamma reflection and meditation
19.15 End

Meditation days:

Saturday 6th April and 6th July
A day of meditation and Sutta study.

Registration not required, just show up!

8.00-9.00 Arrival
9.00-11.00 Meditation with instructions
11.00 Lunch (please bring a dish) and cleanup
12.30 Meditation with instructions
16.00 Sutta Study Class
17.30 Tea with the monastics
18.00 Dhamma reflection and meditation
19.15 End

“Follow your Heart” retreat with Ayya Vimala

Thursday 30th May to Sunday 2nd June
For more information and registration, see our retreat page.

Open Day

Sunday 5th May
If you want to come for the lunch dana at 11.00, please bring a dish. Otherwise, you are welcome to come at any time in the afternoon.

For all events and more information, please visit tilorien.org

16 Likes

@Vimala Thank you very much for this information! :pray: I have no plans to be in Belgium in the near future, but for people who would like to take part in weekly study classes and other activities, what are the major languages in which these programs are conducted? From what I can tell, the monastery is in the French-speaking part of Belgium. Are English and Flemish spoken as well? Again, I have no current plans to be in Europe, but if I were to find myself in Belgium and speak English (and some rusty Spanish), would monastery activities be accessible for English-speakers?

5 Likes

Everything will be in English. The people in our weekly group speak English, at least, sort of. So we will also read the French sutta next to the English and hopefully I will learn a bit more French over time. What I really need is practice and with the help of the group I can learn.
I can do Dutch and German as well if there is a need but for now the people who come are all Wallon so only French would be needed.

5 Likes

Dear Ven. Vimala, any chance one of the lay group might video the talks? It’d be nice if the talks could be youtube’d and viewed by those not lucky enough to be at Tilorien.

6 Likes

The Sutta classes are not really talks but more discussions and we might go deeper into topics in French too so I don’t think it is worth taping that. But I will tape the talks during the retreat (not sure about this lifestream video business :thinking:).

4 Likes

Wonderful, and I didn’t mean to put more on your already full plate with this request…it’d just be nice to “be there” even via video, and a talk or two from the retreat would be great.

5 Likes