Reference for a good Buddhist discussion forum

I know this forum is to discuss EBT. So, I am looking for a discussion forum where I can ask Abhidamma questions. Can someone point me to such a forum?
Ideally answered by a learned monk and not by general public.
Sample question (yes, I am trying to Trojan horse by actual question here in the hope it will be answered; let me know if it’s against forum rules):
All cittas have 7 mandatory cetasikas (sarva citta sadaran cetasika). Even 1) cittas of enlightened ones will have these 7 cetasikas. One of those 7 is cetana (volition) cetasika. We know that 2) cetana cetasika = karma (can provide ref if needed). Also, 3) enlightened beings don’t generate karma. 1), 2) and 3) is a contradiction.
My hypothesis is that 3) is false and enlightened beings do generate karma but they are of ahosi type (meaning those karma will not generate any results).
Any insights into above contradiction?

With metta
Tabey

2 Likes

Your supposed contradiction arises from the fallacy of affirming the consequent. That all kammas are generated by cetanā doesn’t mean that all cetanās generate kamma. For example, even in non-arahants the cetanās that arise with the cittas in any five sense-door process are not kamma-generating.

3 Likes

Thank you. That explains.

2 Likes

The Dhammawheel forum has a sub-section dedicated to Abhidhamma discussions. Their forum is used by both the general public and monastics.

5 Likes

For technical questions I would recommend this forum. It depends what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Greetings @Tabey and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Feel free to tag @moderatorsfor any assistance if you need it.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. Signed up.

Thank you. Very helpful community. I got both my questions answered here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes